Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Independent garage recommendation

aih1013

Hello,

I have fairly grim experience with Toyota's authorized centers. Any recommendation for an independent garage with experience servicing Toyota Hybrids in Buckinghamshire?  

I have a few additional items to address/diagnose:

• Issues with the CAN bus and ECU loss of connectivity to the transmission from time to time
  • Fuel consumption on a slightly higher side
  • Would like to change ATF/Coolant

Thank you in advance

What is the mileage and how long have you owned it, hybrids do drop 10-15% MPG in the colder months, also the hybrids don't like the cheaper 95 ron E10 petrol - especially the supermarket stuff

Has the 12v Battery ever been changed ? 8-9 years is about right for a lifespan of an AGM

what do you class as low MPG ?

Coolant, any decent workshop can do this

ATF it's a simple drain and fill, there is no torque convertor to worry about on the hybrid, the filter is a lifetime one, internal to the gearbox - i suggest you use the Toyota ATF-WS fluid what's around £15-18 a litre (it takes 3.3L)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Alexey 

I can confirm the higher consumption in the winter and also the that E5 fuel is better for you car

For the ATF is there a reason you want to change it ? what mileage you have? The same for coolant as you don't change it that often on Toyota's (they usually have long life coolant), is not bad that you want to change it just make sure you don't spend money not needed (coolant can be tested and just make sure is clean and ATF depending on the miles) 

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies. 

The car is a Toyota Yaris 2013, 100K miles. 

The mileage dropped in June this year, from approximately 57-60MPG to 50MPG with slightly better results in the last couple of months. 

I do not see a significant difference between E10 and E5, but the latter gives me a bit better results. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links