Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DAB reception useless after work was done on the car.

mike_

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a reason why the DAB receiver in my 2014 Yaris' Touch 2 with Go no longer has sufficient signal. Thanks to other posts here, I've been able to access the secret menu by holding down the button with a car icon on it and turning the headlights and on off three times and use the DAB reception check function. The attached photo shows the most signal I found on any channel. A PDF I found somewhere (and have since lost) says that a value lower than 115 is insufficient signal.

The DAB radio was working fine when I dropped it off at a local garage to have the sump replaced. This was apparently a very big job and the work ended up taking about a week and a half due to issues with parts. When I collected the car I noticed the clock was wrong (by more than the hour that clocks going back could account for) and the DAB radio no longer tuned. I have tried refreshing the station list at locations about 10 miles apart and the best it's found is two stations. I don't know how many it could tune in before, but it was certainly a lot more than two. Local DAB reception is OK as a portable DAB radio works. FM radio is OK. The navigation knows where it is. The local garage suggested asking Toyota. A Toyota dealership I contacted has said there's no obvious reason that the work done on the car would involve anything that would adversely affect DAB reception. Obviously it is possible that the DAB reception problem is unrelated to the work done. However it is suspicious that the DAB reception was fine when I dropped the car off and there was nothing tuned in when I collected it.

dabcheck.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links