Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems after flat batteries? Help needed

Frank B

Hi, I have just bought an 2011 LC5 with an JBL Synthesis system. The whole system is totally dead, screen, radio, CD, Rear screen. Message came on screen ( Program cannot be read Please consult your dealer ) batteries have been flat & now replaced? Can any one point me in the right direction of where to start looking or recommend anyone in Lancashire area who knows these systems?

Thanks in advance.

LC5 Radio System.jpg

35 minutes ago, Frank B said:

Message came on screen

So the screen is not dead.  That suggests some life somewhere. 

What is dead?  Is it just the JBL system?  What batteries were flat and replaced?

From what you say it might be fuses. Worth checking.

21 hours ago, Roy124 said:

What is dead?  Is it just the JBL system?  What batteries were flat and replaced?

Hi Roy124, Thanks for coming back to me, It was the car batteries that were flat (Guessing it had been jump started a few times in-between)  I changed them for new ones. Screen, JBL Synthesis Radio, CD, rear car entertainment, Sat Nav, Front & rear cameras, then every now and then the notice came up on screen, which I can't get back on again  ( Program cannot be read Please consult your dealer )All fuses checked that I can find, I have seen a similar post from 12 months ago but no one posted a fix?

Frank, 

I found this link:

2015-lc-dash-screen-will-not-come-on-tot

As it's not my problem I didn't follow it to a conclusion but it seems identical to the issue you have (and explains tg camera loss).

If the embedded link does not work try this:

https:// forum.ih8mud dot com/threads/2015-lc-dash-screen-will-not-come-on-totally-stumped.1283343/

remove space before forum and change dot to .

Consulting your dealer seems a sensible step and is free.  

PS, out of curiosity I jumped to the end:

This dumb problem ended up costing around $3900 "

On 11/11/2023 at 8:35 PM, Roy124 said:

Hi Roy124, Thanks for coming back to me, It was the car batteries that were flat (Guessing it had been jump started a few times in-between)  I changed them for new ones. Screen, JBL Synthesis Radio, CD, rear car entertainment, Sat Nav, Front & rear cameras, then every now and then the notice came up on screen, which I can't get back on again  ( Program cannot be read Please consult your dealer )All fuses checked that I can find, I have seen a similar post from 12 months ago but no one posted a fix?

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your efforts, just skimmed through it but sounds like CD/DVD player fault, I need to find someone locally with a scanner to pull codes, will come back once I have got that sorted.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links