Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Avensis EPB fault codes C1346 and 1336

Jake 55

I wonder could anyone advise me on this one.

My 2015 Avensis Business edition has been messing around with the EPB for a while now, the yellow auto park brake warning light is on all the time. In the past a Parking brake error message would pop up on the messenger display but this always cleared after a few days, I replaced the disks and pads for my last MOT about four months ago and the EPB worked fine, during MOT the EPB had to be applied manually and then released automatically as the clutch was let out in 1st gear, thankfully no warning lights were on at this time and the system worked perfectly.

As mentioned above, the yellow warning for automatic park brake is now on all the time but the EPB works as before, switch the park brake on manually and then it releases automatically when moving of. The only issue is the park brake not applying automatically when the engine is switched of and the yellow warning light.

During the weekend I have connected an Icarsoft diagnostic tool to repair a swirl flap fault on the dreaded BMW  2WW engine, after a successful inlet manifold removal and carbon clean out I managed to rectify the engine fault so moved on to the Automatic Park brake fault, I cant seem to find any system faults, the brake pedal switch is working, the gear linkage sensor seems to move between high and low when shifted from neutral to reverse or any other gear.

Here comes the crunch.. in a moment of madness I've reset the EPB memory, believing it might reset the system some how and clear the yellow warning, as you guys will know.. I triggered fault codes C1336 and C1346 for the clutch sensor and G sensor zero points. ..Turns out a little knowledge is indeed a lot more dangerous than none at all.. 

Clearly I'm not the first to make this mistake, reading some of the older posts on here I can see that set point calibration is now required via a service Tec with relevant software, or by inserting a jumper wire in the diagnostic plug pins four and twelve, followed by a brake switch sequence to trigger a calibration mode.

My question is this, I think the info may be relating to older models and I'm weary about testing this on my new shape 2015 onwards business edition until I've gained a little more knowledge.

5 hours ago, Jake 55 said:

the yellow auto park brake warning light is on all the time

Well, it's not an actual warning light, it just tells you that the epb is in manual mode. If you press the epb switch for 5 seconds  the parking brake light (red) will come on and after releasing it, the system will return to automatic mode.

I used to have a T27 (2012, 1st facelift with auto epb) and did all the brake repairs myself (changed discs, pads and also calipers) and never had to calibrate anything. 

Perhaps that 2nd facelift model has a different procedure?

• Like 1

Thanks jj

I'm now in deeper double after I reset the EPB memory and triggered the fault codes.

Thanks for your feed back.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links