Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 D-4D no crank no click

Siim

Hello, so my logic has found a brick wall and hoping someone smarter could give me ideas what to look for.

Short back story, yesterday I pulled my dad's Pathfinder to start it, and since it was muddy and uneven ground it was quite violent. After going to the store I found out that my starters positive terminal was loose. When tightening it I must've not tightened it enough as when going to start it made a short click and then nothing. Then tried tightening it some more but that didn't help and as I later noticed, when turning the ignition on, the glow plug spiral didn't light up. At first I didn't think much of it, as the engine was still warm, but I also noticed that some of the dash warning lights didn't turn on. Also the red oil can at the bottom and engine lights are dimmer than other lights that are working when ignition on. 

Today I went to deal with it again, tried all the Battery connections, took it off and but it back. At first all the lights turned on as normal but I think i heard a short from under the bonnet, as there was a welding-like sound only softer. And then the same deal with dash lights of only some lighting up and engine and oil lights dimmed. When turning the key, there's no click no nothing, but the background light on monitors turn off.

Battery is charged and the starter connection is right now, checked the fuses under the bonnet but have yet to try check the ones inside, although when the car sits for a little, the lights appear to start working again for a moment so don't know if it ks a fuse problem.

Can anyone give me any rabbitholes to chase down for tonight?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links