Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Results (interim) from chipping 2011 1.8 petrol Avensis.

ToNo10

Hi I bought (why does everybody say ‘purchased’ 😤) a PowerChip supposedly configured specifically for my model. It was the PowerChip GS2 and was available on *Amazon for £86. 10 minutes to install - plug and play. The instructions mention that it will take around 2-300miles before the chip is fully integrated (‘learnt how you drive’) so I am only giving an interim (20 miles) report!  There has been an immediate feeling of a higher and freer revving engine.  The throttle response is much improved and in ‘Sports’ mode the effect is even more pronounced.  As for more miles per gallon, we will see! I will report back after 300 miles. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09Z6NTMZB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

very interesting. please update here for more info about this smart box thank you ... 

hard to believe that more power comes with less fuel consumption or with less engine\gear wear but please let us know ....

• Like 1

Many years ago I had, from new, a Peugeot Mi16, effectively the Peugout saloon car they used for track events. I took it to BMR Racing in Notts. it was retuned and rechipped and yes, it did go (much) faster, more torque and better fuel consumption.  So I am hoping this GS2 does a similar job on my Avensis 🤞

Sorry to burst your bubble

This isn't doing a great deal it's no more than a glorified resistor(s) in a fancy box, the only part learning is the main ecu an altered value, these can cause damage in the long run and cause major fuel issues

technically, all it's doing is changing the resistance intake air temperature sensor making the fuel rich it may well throw a P0113 code

fake-tuning-chip-chip-power-crs-v0-1oofw

fake-tuning-chip-chip-power-crs-v0-nkdp4

It may have a few surface mount resistors on different versions

It's a scam product, get your money back its about £2.50 in components on a pcb, its purely a placebo, only thing that makes it fit you car are 2 plugs on the end of the cable

Just look at the sellers listings

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?me=A24M43861LZOZ4&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P

same product retabled and the text changed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you for this information, but how are you able to say it’s just resistors when the active circuit is covered in black resin?

Not really comparing apples with apples though these cost 1$ or 2$ compared with £84.  How do you know what is the circuitry under the black resin??

Thanks. 

The cheap OBD ones are nothing more than a flashing LED these sell on eBay and Facebook for anything up to £30

These have been around for 20+ Years, they have just got more fancy

From what i can tell these chippower boxes come out of Poland not china for a change

Performance isn't cheap the basics are air in, air out and add fuel, 20-30% gains will set you back £1500-3000, if you want speed upgrade the brakes, tires and suspension, this means you can brake later, turn in later, less body roll and have better traction, in turn you carry your speed

• Like 3

Thank you, yes bought from scammers in Poland, not China for a change! Unless of course they are Chinese scammers resident in Poland 😉

it’s going back to Amazon tomorrow!

• Like 1

like i thought in the first time thank y a lot !!!

ITS BETER TO PUT THIS MONEY ON A NEW SET OF SPARK PLUGS OR SOME FUEL ADDITIVES.

• Like 1

Yes, I only do about 5,000 miles a year and have a full service by local (non Toyota) garage every January. I have a full set of BG additives added. If the car has done less than 100,000 miles when it is first added it covers you for engine failure etc.  I have been using it since around 40,000 miles.

https://www.bgprod.co.uk

• Thanks 1

I didn't think much can be done to a natural aspirated engine, especially one as efficient as the Valvematic. If the engine had a turbo, yes there would be more power gains. After my fake spark plugs episode, I notice my engine is a lot smoother, showing reasonable power and fuel consumption seems to have improved with the new Iridium spark plugs. I drove my brothers Kia Proceed 1.4T Shooting Brake and that has more torque when called for. I find my Valvematic Tourer adequate in most situations. 

• Like 4

We'll have to get you in a Corolla 2.0 hybrid Estate and see how you find that next :naughty: :laugh: 

On 11/22/2023 at 10:06 PM, Konrad C said:

I didn't think much can be done to a natural aspirated engine, especially one as efficient as the Valvematic. If the engine had a turbo, yes there would be more power gains. After my fake spark plugs episode, I notice my engine is a lot smoother, showing reasonable power and fuel consumption seems to have improved with the new iridium spark plugs. I drove my brothers Kia Proceed 1.4T Shooting Brake and that has more torque when called for. I find my Valvematic Tourer adequate in most situations. 

I am with Konrad, personally (and I stress this is just a personal opinion) I would not touch any of these products for 'tuning' for normally aspirated non performance derived engines. Toyota have spent £billions developing the vehicle to work well in all conditions and I would not entertain changing that. The factory ECU 'adapts' itself slightly to things like fuel quality, air flow etc., but I wouldn't recommend altering it in any way. Turbocharged cars (or some high performance designed N/A cars), slightly different view on them as respectable tuning companies can make worthwhile gains there. Glad you have been refunded.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, flash22 said:

The 2ZR is very tunable, as used in the Lotus Exige even the ValveMatic (2ZR-FAE)

http://www.torquecars.co.uk/toyota/2zr-tuning

https://www.superchips.co.uk

There's a limit to what can be achieved through remaps alone on these engines though. Out of curiousity I entered the reg number from my old Auris 1.6 Valvematic on the Superchips website. They quoted around a 10% increase in power and torque at a cost of £419! I personally wouldn't bother.

Sadly, as a retired person in Conservative Britain, things are tight 🥴

58 minutes ago, flash22 said:

More gains are possible, as I said above power isn't cheap

Absolutely, but I think you're then into the realms of physical modifications to the engine to get gains above the 10%ish quoted above?

6 minutes ago, yossarian247 said:

Absolutely, but I think you're then into the realms of physical modifications to the engine to get gains above the 10%ish quoted above?

Of course, an engine is an air pump, air in, air out and add fuel, you can dump £10K+ into a built/blueprinted engine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links