Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What did you do with your Toyota today?

SB1500

36 minutes ago, Auris James said:

I really like it. Owned around 6-7 years. Paid £250 for it then with 8 months MOT. A good reliable workhorse. Summer just gone, rebuild the front suspension and got the AC working. 234,000 miles, so run in.

Volvo 1.jpg

Good for another 234.000 I reckon. Old Volvos are the expression "they don't make them like that any more" epitomised. Magnificent engineering. (Some years ago, I had a metalic gold 240 saloon, which I traded in towards a Merc 190, a decision I've regretted ever since...) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Mark, it can't be Yorkshire is supposed to be god's country so no problems.:hypocrite:

God has possibly been a bit absent minded about the former mining villages, like the one I live in............

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mpm235 said:

Drove my Auris to the Church Yard, where my Dad's ashes are burried. Tidied up and cleaned his stone. Will be 8th Christmas without him.

5th without mine, I feel your pain ❤️‍🩹

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Took a short drive in and out of town today with the girlfriend for a “”Cheeky”” Nando’s - good stuff 🔥

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SB1500 said:

Took a short drive in and out of town today with the girlfriend for a “”Cheeky”” Nando’s - good stuff 🔥

Is that a euphemism?😁

• Haha 5

I have attached terrible headlight deflectors. Currently in Holland with a full carload of 5 people, I'm getting 50.9 mpg from my 1.8 petrol engine since leaving the UK. Well impressed.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Is that a euphemism?😁

Hahaha, I wish..... :'-) 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Washed mine today.  Must admit the thick foam from that Polar Blaster makes it a joy. 6°c out was a tad chilly and wet but thermals, a Barbour coat and hat ‘n scarf has me sniffle free. 

last wash of 2023 that’ll be

IMG_0529.jpeg

• Like 4

Now you are making me feel guilty - quite a few weeks since I cleaned mine.  Gonna have to get the Karcher and foam gun out soon, and remind myself what colour the car is!!!😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Now you are making me feel guilty - quite a few weeks since I cleaned mine.  Gonna have to get the Karcher and foam gun out soon, and remind myself what colour the car is!!!😉

Have you got an aftermarket foam lance for it? I’ve been using the basic one that came with my Nilfisk with a few products: Autoglym Snow Foam, Turtle Wax etc but it wasn’t close to what I saw on YouTube in terms of thick foam.  Got a polar blaster recently and it’s night and day difference. Apparently other brands foam lances are even better again. I’d definitely recommend it, the fun factor might make washing more frequent for you? 

Had a drive to Whitby today,mpg rose to around 60, fish and chips at trenchers even though we had to queue it was worth it, I had a smug sense of satisfaction watching all the fast cars overtaking a few of the cars that were deemed to be slow, even us, whilst I drove at around 50/ 55, which was plenty fast enough for the road, whilst our car ran for a while on pure electric, only to catch them up again at the next line of traffic…hopefully I’ve put enough charge in the Battery to avoid a repeat of last weeks call out to Toyota assist and get jump started..

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I had a smug sense of satisfaction watching all the fast cars overtaking a few of the cars that were deemed to be slow, even us, whilst I drove at around 50/ 55, which was plenty fast enough for the road, whilst our car ran for a while on pure electric, only to catch them up again at the next line of traffic…

Yep, I love that too.

• Like 4

I get that on the motorway regularly - Someone'll tailgate me trying to make me go faster in the left lane, then give up and speed off in the next lane over only to run into stationary traffic while I slowly roll past them :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mine passed the MOT today, 3/3 passes. We're confined only to government run MOT centres in NI so it's been overdue for a few weeks.. closest appointment was February. Until the tax letter came this week...then suddenly they found it in their hearts to fit me in today all of a sudden so that their VED payment doesn't get delayed.... how thoughtful! 

IMG_0554.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

only to catch them up again at the next line of traffic

This happens so many times to me as well. Rarely ever gets them far. Even on longer journeys to be honest! 

• Like 1

Used mine today to go and buy a cake in a nearby village...  have a bakery within walking distance but wanted to give that other one some business.

If I didn't have the car, had to rely on public transport or share a car, I would have had to go to the walking distance bakery..

Plans for 2024 : go to a Pakistanish carwash at least once in this year. Maybe twice.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 11:00 PM, SB1500 said:

5th without mine, I feel your pain ❤️‍🩹

Same here.. 5th year. He died a few days before christmas. It is painful, indeed, still.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Early this morning, me and my Auris drove up the M1 to work, for a 12 hour shift. Which is just as much fun as it sounds...

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 9:49 PM, SB1500 said:

Have you got an aftermarket foam lance for it? I’ve been using the basic one that came with my Nilfisk with a few products: Autoglym snow foam, Turtle Wax etc but it wasn’t close to what I saw on YouTube in terms of thick foam.  Got a polar blaster recently and it’s night and day difference. Apparently other brands foam lances are even better again. I’d definitely recommend it, the fun factor might make washing more frequent for you? 

I bought the MJJC foam canon.  Very effective and coated the car in a thick blanket of foam.  I also bought from Direct Hoses a non-kink hose and a short trigger gun.  Both these items made the pressure washer so much easier to operate. In particular, the foam canon being so close to the trigger reduced the out of balance weight of the canon - very heavy when full of fluid.

I have also bought a feeder hose which attaches to the washer, and th either end placed in a container (I have a 40-litre Aquaroll) which will overcome any restrictions in the event of a ban on connecting a hose to the water mains.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links