Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 GO nav

Hansa Astrom

Hi all,

Can someone explain the difference between MapCare and Map update?
See attached pic.. almost the same cost.
Do i need both or it it enough with one or the other?

Sorry abut Sek.. 

image.thumb.jpeg.03fd302cd82f9db1ac20ec3e14082961.jpeg

Regards

// Hans

Hi Hans,Mapcare and Map updates serve similar purposes but are slightly different in what they offer. MapCare, my understanding is this typically refers to a service or program provided by the manufacturer or seller of a navigation system, often bundled with the purchase of a new vehicle or device. MapCare usually includes regular updates to the maps, usually for a certain period of time after purchase, at no additional cost. It ensures that your maps are up to date with the latest roads, points of interest, and other relevant information. However map update, this is a standalone update for your navigation system's maps. It may be offered after the MapCare period ends, or it might be available for purchase separately. Map updates are essentially the same thing as MapCare updates, but they may come at a cost after the initial free period or if you didn't purchase a device with MapCare included.

Whether you need both depends,if your navigation system came with MapCare, you might be covered for a certain period, typically a few years, during which you will receive regular map updates at no additional cost. In this case, you might not need to purchase standalone map updates until after the MapCare period ends.

If your navigation system didn't come with MapCare or if the MapCare period has ended, purchasing standalone map updates would ensure that you continue to have access to the latest. Hope this helps.:smile:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Hi Hans,Mapcare and Map updates serve similar purposes but are slightly different in what they offer. MapCare, my understanding is this typically refers to a service or program provided by the manufacturer or seller of a navigation system, often bundled with the purchase of a new vehicle or device. MapCare usually includes regular updates to the maps, usually for a certain period of time after purchase, at no additional cost. It ensures that your maps are up to date with the latest roads, points of interest, and other relevant information. However map update, this is a standalone update for your navigation system's maps. It may be offered after the MapCare period ends, or it might be available for purchase separately. Map updates are essentially the same thing as MapCare updates, but they may come at a cost after the initial free period or if you didn't purchase a device with MapCare included.

Whether you need both depends,if your navigation system came with MapCare, you might be covered for a certain period, typically a few years, during which you will receive regular map updates at no additional cost. In this case, you might not need to purchase standalone map updates until after the MapCare period ends.

If your navigation system didn't come with MapCare or if the MapCare period has ended, purchasing standalone map updates would ensure that you continue to have access to the latest. Hope this helps.:smile:

Thanks alot!

Helped lots!
That was something similar in my mind... 🙂

My wife's Yaris is 2017 so i don't think there is any free updates left...
I probably just purchase the mapcare and hope it contains the same map as the spring update 2024.
We have an issue with all the speedcameras that i hope the map update will fix.

Thanks again!

Regards
// Hans 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links