Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota A & B Service

Jamesb4uk

Hi All

got to book the Cynos in for a service... Phoned Fox's Garage in Sevenoaks - they Quoted me 150+VAT for an A service & 250+VAT for a B - but they couldnt tell me whats included :ffs:

now my question is - whats the differance??? :unsure:

i need the Power Steering pump belt & Alternator belt plus Timing & the cars running a bit rich...

J

I'm not sure what the differences are, but the 'A'-service looks like it's just a basic oil change ad new Oil/Air Filters. Where the B seems more involved (lot's more bits to grease and check).

Have a look in the service booklet if you still have one, it will list all the various jobs that need doing for the vehicles mileage.

On my Avensis (pre-VVTi) the A service is every 9,000 miles with the B at 27000 miles intervals (ie 27k, 54k, 81k).

Service A is the little service that does the, engine oil, screenwash, oil filter, gasket, drain plug, spark plugs and enviromental dispo stuff...

Service B is the just includes the top ones, including changing the gear oil, air filter, fuel filter.....

Someone fill me in if this is wrong, but that is what toyota told me what they do at their services..... <_<

Service A is the little service that does the, engine oil, screenwash, oil filter, gasket, drain plug, spark plugs and enviromental dispo stuff...

Service B is the just includes the top ones, including changing the gear oil, air filter, fuel filter.....

Someone fill me in if this is wrong, but that is what toyota told me what they do at their services..... <_<

Spot on :thumbsup:

hmmm, thanks all -

not sure if i wantto find out how much the belts + timing would be lol

nuts to it - ill drop round there one day this week & find out.

thanks again :thumbsup:

J

Im having all my belts done soon at the same time as my Timing Belt.

Local Toyota Garage wants £400 all in for that and an A Service.

So going by that they want approx £200 to supply and fit your Timing belt plus other belts :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links