Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modified exhaust

Chepirah

Hello all! 

This is my first post 🙂 

Unfortunately though, I'm posting because I've got a problem 😢😂

I had an aftermarket twin sport rear silencer exhaust fitted (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165540331715  approximately a year ago and sadly it's already perishing... It's rusted and sounds like it's rattling against the axle? (as if you tapped on a tin foil tray) and there's multiple holes 😳

So before I go and shed out for a more durable custom built one, it was suggested that I come here and ask you lovely lot what modified exhaust you'd recommend for the mk1 Aygo (2012) and where you got yours from? (When previously looking to purchase this is the only one I could find with the 'loud' option) 🤭 I NEVER want to go back to a stock exhaust, so I'm hoping someone can make a recommendation, other than that! 🤣 

Wow, just after a year and it's rusting....what's it made of !!

I have had two custom twin exhausts made for various cars over the years one at mijexhaust.com in Walsall (very long drive for me, but the pre purchase communications, advice and reviews made me pick them instead of somewhere more local)) and one at Longline Exhausts in Basingstoke ( Longlife have a couple of Authorised outlets).

Both were expensive but not much more expensive than a stock exhaust off the shelf..  Made from the best stainless steel and if I remember correctly, they both came with a life time warranty.  So fit once and forget.

If I were to do it again, I'd go back to mijexhaust.com. If you email them with all your car details and exactly what you want, they will give you a price.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There are plenty of places that can do a custom exhaust, a £200 exhaust will just be uncoated thin mild steel

Stainless steel isn't cheap

eg. a well known quality item

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/fox-exhaust-backboxes/toyota/aygo.html

They places I mention offer different grades, depending on your budget.  One at £200 is probably not going to be that good and probably will not have a life time warranty.  Just shop around and like I said, it depends on your budget, if it sounds cheap, it will be cheap !!

4 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Wow, just after a year and it's rusting....what's it made of !!

I have had two custom twin exhausts made for various cars over the years one at mijexhaust.com in Walsall (very long drive for me, but the pre purchase communications, advice and reviews made me pick them instead of somewhere more local)) and one at Longline Exhausts in Basingstoke ( Longlife have a couple of Authorised outlets).

Both were expensive but not much more expensive than a stock exhaust off the shelf..  Made from the best stainless steel and if I remember correctly, they both came with a life time warranty.  So fit once and forget.

If I were to do it again, I'd go back to mijexhaust.com. If you email them with all your car details and exactly what you want, they will give you a price.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks Bobby, this is very helpful 🙂 

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

There are plenty of places that can do a custom exhaust, a £200 exhaust will just be uncoated thin mild steel

Stainless steel isn't cheap

eg. a well known quality item

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/fox-exhaust-backboxes/toyota/aygo.html

Thanks Bob. link's much appreciated! 🙂 

Another option is using Powerflow Exhaust. They use standardised components to build a custom exhaust to your requirements. Have had this done in the past. I'd recommend not using to big end pipes as they do become rather boomy (I say this as someone that have larger exhausts on most older cars). There will be a garage local to you that can build a powerflow back box for you.

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk

16 hours ago, Chepirah said:

Hello all! 

This is my first post 🙂 

Unfortunately though, I'm posting because I've got a problem 😢😂

I had an aftermarket twin sport rear silencer exhaust fitted (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165540331715  approximately a year ago and sadly it's already perishing... It's rusted and sounds like it's rattling against the axle? (as if you tapped on a tin foil tray) and there's multiple holes 😳

So before I go and shed out for a more durable custom built one, it was suggested that I come here and ask you lovely lot what modified exhaust you'd recommend for the mk1 Aygo (2012) and where you got yours from? (When previously looking to purchase this is the only one I could find with the 'loud' option) 🤭 I NEVER want to go back to a stock exhaust, so I'm hoping someone can make a recommendation, other than that! 🤣 

Just curious ?  On such a small car, I assume you do this for cosmetic enhancements ?  The dual hand made exhausts I've had were simply for looks at the rear of the car and they could not believe it when I said I want it to be as quiet as possible !!

A photo attached when I had it done to my beloved RAV4.

20220514_093832~3.jpg

7 hours ago, APS said:

Another option is using Powerflow Exhaust. They use standardised components to build a custom exhaust to your requirements. Have had this done in the past. I'd recommend not using to big end pipes as they do become rather boomy (I say this as someone that have larger exhausts on most older cars). There will be a garage local to you that can build a powerflow back box for you.

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk

I was actually planning on getting in touch with my local Powerflow garage for a quote 😛 

7 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Just curious ?  On such a small car, I assume you do this for cosmetic enhancements ?  The dual hand made exhausts I've had were simply for looks at the rear of the car and they could not believe it when I said I want it to be as quiet as possible !!

A photo attached when I had it done to my beloved RAV4.

20220514_093832~3.jpg

😂 Yes Bobby, it's just for cosmetic enhancement. (Although, unlike yourself, I like my cars loud-  For safety reasons! 😏) but the pipes on your RAV4 look good  😍

19 hours ago, 152bobby said:

On such a small car, I assume you do this for cosmetic enhancements ?

On a small car you'd do whatever you can to improve performance 🙂 

The exhaust people that fitted mine, did say it would improve performance and MPG, I did not really notice anything different, but i did read that it's good for the engine having twin exhausts !!!  Whatever I heard or read at the time, I just did it for cosmetics and it did look good in both my Rav4 and my Lexus RX300.  However, when I sold those cars, it makes no difference to the sell price and if anyone thinks they'll get their money back when selling, their living in dream land 😄

I remember MIJ exhausts from back in early 2000s, knew quite a few Ford peeps who went there at the time, with good experiences, so if still going now says it all really. Back then I got a twin exit stainless exhaust for my Mondeo, not from MIJ, a bit too far for me to travel, mine was supposedly a Mongoose one, no real performance improvement, but it looked and sounded great and it still looked tip top over 10 years later. Ironically for performance my cheapo scratch built de-cat pipe was brilliant, until MOT rules spoiled all the fun. 

Hope your local Powerflow is a good one, back in the day they could be a bit hit and miss, as ever they only as good as the fitters.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links