Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Relax Warranty

///MAZI

If my car goes in for a service and they find that the brakes need doing or shock absorber for example, if I decide to fix my self will I still get the 1 year relax warranty?

Normally, if there is later a problem with the bit you did and they find out, they can dis-apply the warranty for that part, but if something else broke, that would still be covered unless they can show it was cause by something you did.

That said, the relax warranty is more in Toyota's favour than the factory warranty, and I must admit I haven't checked what clauses it can be voided under...

• Like 3

If you do the work yourself according to the term of the warranty you would not be covered.

This is an extract from Toyota's Warranty.

The Additional Warranty is a warranty which is activated automatically on completion of a scheduled 
full or interim vehicle service at an Authorised Toyota Repairer ("Service"). By keeping to their vehicle’s recommended service schedule, Customers can gain an additional 12 months.

Break pads are not covered under the warranty.

Damage or defects as a result of parts that have been installed to the vehicle that are not of matching quality to the original manufacturer’s parts are also not covered.:smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ///MAZI said:

If my car goes in for a service and they find that the brakes need doing or shock absorber for example, if I decide to fix my self will I still get the 1 year relax warranty?

Yes. You just need the scheduled services with Toyota Main Dealer. You can do other maintenance yourself or get it done at another (cheaper) garage. The Relax Warrenty resets, giving you another year, when you get the Main Dealer Service.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links