Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers mat issue

Penfold72

Posted a couple of photos. Noticed that an area of the carpet underneath the drivers mat was always a bit damp recently. On looking at the underside of the mat, appears it's completely breaking down. It's right over where the heel of my shoe usually sits and I assume the movement of my heel has done this. Anyone seen this before. The foam understand does look a bit cheap, and I would have thought they would be more hard-wearing.IMG_20231213_153043522.thumb.jpg.767dff38c857217ced5a9332cb4e9a4b.jpgIMG_20231213_153030572.thumb.jpg.e73ee035c06723d97d62daea3bd8ac7c.jpg

Hi Chris,  Could the dampness be collective from when you have had wet shoes?  When I bought my C-HR I fitted rubber mats.  These are tough and not showing any signs of wear, but I have noticed small amounts of water on them from when we have entered the car during rainy weather.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with @Haliotis. One of the first things I did when I got my new C-HR was fit rubber mats. Well worth every penny.

• Like 2

I thought the damp carpet underneath the mats was due to wet shoes. Was really surprised at the poor quality of the dealer supplied mats. I presume the constant moving of my heels has worn through the mat. I'll look around for aftermarket mats, of better quality.

• Like 1

Not sure what make my mats are - they were sourced independently of the Toyota dealership, but they are of good quality.

Always bought rubber mats, wash them off so easy. Had really lovely carpet mats once, too nice to get mud on, wiping off my shoes before I got in. Hang on this is ridiculous, got rubber. 🤣

• Haha 1

Buy original rubber mats you will not find better quality then that 

For sure the dealer is looking for the cheapest they can provide that only looks decent so they can sell you a better set later down the road 

At one time you could count on getting a new set of mats when you bought a car from a dealership, whether the car was new or pre-owned.  The last time I got really good extras by haggling was when I bought my VW Touran (new) in early 2009.  

The list of details relating to the vehicle was very comprehensive, and read more like a grocery list for a large family!  A couple of years or so later, when I happened to browse the list (which I had done a few times before), I noticed for the first time that the metallic paint finish, which should have been an extra £350, was missing from the list.

• Haha 1

This happened on my previous car, a Mazda 3, they just wear out where your heel goes.

• Like 1

All the rubber mats I have had in my cars have been heavy duty, and still in good condition when the car has been sold on.  I kept my second VW Touran for nine years, and those mats (supplied free by dealership) never wore out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links