Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check rear seat

leosayer

Can someone tell me how to disable this message every time I switch off the car?

thanks

Can you post a picture of the error message?  

With limited info, all I can think of is that maybe something relating to the rear seatbelt warning system?  Other things to check, that the seat is properly 'forced back' into place after being folded down (not sure how the car would know if it wasn't)..  

Quick call to the dealer might also be worth it in case it's a BZ4X issue that they've received other calls about and might need an update to fix.  Might be something loose or faulty on yours that also could take an inspection and warranty job to solve. 

Is there anything left on your seat?

I get this message if I leave anything on the seat (ie a jacket etc), I don't get it if the seats are clear

It's not an error, it's a reminder not to "forget" to leave the likes of children in the car, it can be switched off in the multi function display, no idea on a BZ4X though sorry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My understanding  is this is part of Toyotas safety system, if someone or something is left on the rear seat and the rear door is opened it flags up as check rear seat .

Depending on the screen set up you can try with the buttons on the wheel to go into settings, vehicle settings, scroll down to check rear seat reminder,on,off. Hope this works on your model.:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

My understanding  is this is part of Toyotas safety system, if someone or something is left on the rear seat and the rear door is opened it flags up as check rear seat .

Depending on the screen set up you can try with the buttons on the wheel to go into settings, vehicle settings, scroll down to check rear seat reminder,on,off. Hope this works on your model.:smile:

Same procedure on the Prius 2020 onwards

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments

I cant disable this notification from the settings menu.

I noticed however this happens when you unlock th car and then the first door you open is a rear door.

I assume you have the owners manual does it not describe how to turn it off. Other Toyota models with this facility can be turned off in the settings menu. Have you scrolled through the different options available on the dash.🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links