Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

GR Sport 2.0L observations/questions

Mim

Just taken delivery of a new GR Sport 2.0L. Few questions...

Can someone say exactly where you would connect a Battery booster in the event that the 12v becomes flat? I.e. in the engine bay. 

With a wired connection for Android Auto where do you sit the phone as it can't be on the wireless charger with a cable connected?

The resolution of the rear camera is awful...is it just mine? Are Toyota aware how awful it is?

Anybody bought a spare wheel from Toyota? 

Really like the car..drive is smooth and feels well planted on the road. Power when you want it is excellent. Boot...much less than I'm used to and rear legroom very stingy but never mind don't carry passengers for 99% of the time. Overall very pleased. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mim said:

it can't be on the wireless charger with a cable connected?

Why not?

That's where I put mine. You can turn off the wireless charger, there's a little button to toggle it on and off.

If the Battery went flat on a 2023 car I'd be ringing Toyota and shouting at them.

The reversing cam is a bit low res, but for the few seconds you'll be looking at it it works fine.

• Like 1

With the phone cable connected it won't lie within the wireless charger slots so slides about

11 minutes ago, Mim said:

With the phone cable connected it won't lie within the wireless charger slots so slides about

You need a better cable! 😉

I picked one up for £2.99 bit it's out of stock.

This is the kind you're looking for (assuming your phone has a USB C port)

https://amzn.eu/d/eBUawHl

19 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

Found this one for £3.95

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204356410206

I'm going to pick one up as a spare for when my current one inevitably starts to fail.

@Extreme_One Thanks for this link. I’m hoping to pick up my new Corolla 1.8 Design next month and will likely need one of these cables to connect my Sony Android phone so that it can sit in the wireless charger tray. Would like to keep the cable as short as possible - would a 0.3 metre cable suffice?

8 minutes ago, TrackLink said:

would a 0.3 metre cable suffice?

I'm currently using 0.5m and it's not too bad. I think 0.3 will be ideal.

The main point is to get one with the 90° angle connector.

If you can trickle charge the Battery (on your drive or in a garage) that would be better for the Battery than waiting for it to go flat, then trying to resurrect it. 

I use the positive terminal under the fuse box under the bonnet (red flap) and an unpainted bolt on the suspension tower for the negative (for my charger - assume the same for the jump starter) 

My old 2020 Corolla GR sport 2l let me down with a totally flat battery  two weeks after delivery in a Sainsburys car park (and yes i do shop at Sainsbury's.) .

The rescue guy had no idea where the Battery was and the car had to be loaded on a flat bed and towed away. After about a year the Battery died completely and I had to have it replaced under warranty. The RCA guy maintained that the Battery had a dodgy cell from the off and I believe  him  because of strange problems I had with the car from new. 

• Like 1

Why isn't wireless android auto available from Toyota yet?

You could always get a wireless android auto dongle like AAwireless (I have one of these), or Motorola MA1 (I've only heard of this from recent posts on here).

2 hours ago, camellia30 said:

You could always get a wireless android auto dongle like AAwireless (I have one of these), or Motorola MA1 (I've only heard of this from recent posts on here).

Because Toyota wont pay Google the licence fee.  

3 hours ago, camellia30 said:

I think it is, but only on the models with the newest headunits.

My '21 Mk4 Yaris doesn't but I think the 2023 Yaris Cross does, and the new Mk4 Yaris coming out next year I'm assuming will have it too...?

• 2 weeks later...

I had an Aygo X as a courtesy car today. It had a really nice infotainment screen and as I was trying to connect to bluetooth it popped up a "Do you want to connect to android auto?" message.

It worked flawlessly and seemed weird to have the same experience as in my car e.g the music started from the same point, same screen layout and waze on the screen.

1 minute ago, camellia30 said:

I had an Aygo X as a courtesy car today. It had a really nice infotainment screen and as I was trying to connect to Bluetooth it popped up a "Do you want to connect to android auto?" message.

It worked flawlessly and seemed weird to have the same experience as in my car e.g the music started from the same point, same screen layout and waze on the screen.

Some Toyota models have wireless AA, My 23 Corolla doesn’t and neither did my 22 model, I switched to an iPhone and tbh it’s way superior, better sat nav too, this year it got usb c, so I won’t be changing back. The Battery life on the iPhone is double that on AA

• Like 1

I've tried android auto in mine, and I still don't know why everyone gets so flustered about it 🤣

I never bothered before I got an aawireless module, but use it all the time now.  The Battery life is poor with it. The Aygo X had a charging pad, so the Battery life went up a whole 2% on a half hour journey. Better than going down 20% in my Corolla though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links