Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Infotainment system cables and connectivity

DonCorleone

Good day.

As the title says i would like to change my infotainment system as i find it little old and with limited customization. 

So i ordered an infotainment system that came with the cables needs to plugged from the factory system. My question is does anybody knows what the cables are as i am trying to find out a manual or something but with no luck. My model is 2021 GR 2.0 hybrid hatchback. I also attach a photo of cables.

20231229_172624.jpg

you are limited to what you can fit, I would not fit a cheap Chinese radio or hack up the factory wiring

not sure what you mean by a "little old", Most OEM radios have limited customizations

in addition, the white plug in the beige socket is GPS, the black plug beside it looks like DAB, Grey is USB

it's not a cheap process especially if you go with a 10 or 12" screen

At least its limited for my liking. The thing i would like to know is what cables are each one so i can find and the appropriate adapters. Another photo maybe more helpful? I would like to know if you know what is the double colour cable the black and white. The white one and the grey. Also the small cables the black and the white like antenas...

20231230_115029.jpg

Please any help would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have the same car as you DonCorleone (MY21 with "old" touchscreen), but I'd like to replace it by new 2023 OEM Toyota touchscreen because my current 2021 screen has terrible resolution, graphics and responses...you know 🙂 . Is it possible guys? I believe that connectors SHOULD fit to new infotainment model...? Or could be there some issues like for example showing hybrid system power management? 

+ I know that new 2023 OEM radio is expensive - is there any certified (and fully working) infotainment from another vendor (China?). If yes, can you also paste a link to exact model please?

Thank you very much!

current.png

• Like 1

I would like also to update my screen to my Yaris to a newer version if possible, the colors on this one are kind of washed 

I believe it should be plug and play if original? I know some functions probably will not work but I don't need them (navigation) as I use Apple car play all the time.

BTW the new version has wireless Apple car play?

OK so I'll answer to myself ...attached is my current 2021 radio from backside VS newer 2023 radio...connectors are different 😞

sucasne radio zozadu.jpg

On 1/1/2024 at 10:29 AM, DonCorleone said:

Please any help would be appreciated

see the above link or this pdf

440046227_toyotanewgenradiopinouts.thumb.png.8c88fd6015fb7dcd9315f7b8e41e1e34.png

new gen radio pinouts.pdf

20231230_115029.jpg.84e3e5f8eb79f9b43390

Bottom row - left to right

FM aerial and aerial power

Black connector - DAB - SMB connector in a Toyota housing

GPS - SMB connector in a Toyota housing

USB - 4 pin grey connector

1 hour ago, rado77 said:

Hi guys,

I have the same car as you DonCorleone (MY21 with "old" touchscreen), but I'd like to replace it by new 2023 OEM Toyota touchscreen because my current 2021 screen has terrible resolution, graphics and responses...you know 🙂 . Is it possible guys? I believe that connectors SHOULD fit to new infotainment model...? Or could be there some issues like for example showing hybrid system power management? 

+ I know that new 2023 OEM radio is expensive - is there any certified (and fully working) infotainment from another vendor (China?). If yes, can you also paste a link to exact model please?

Thank you very much!

current.png

Don't bother with Chinese junk you get what you pay for

32 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

I would like also to update my screen to my Yaris to a newer version if possible, the colors on this one are kind of washed 

I believe it should be plug and play if original? I know some functions probably will not work but I don't need them (navigation) as I use apple car play all the time.

BTW the new version has wireless apple car play?

Please post in the yaris forum to avoid confusion

Thanks for info Flash22 ,

but does this MY21 cabling fits to new 2023/2024 radio? I see that on new radio isn't grey cennector for example. I don't have GPS so I believe that GPS antena isn't present in the car. For the rest - the upper row plugs looks fine, but I'm not sure about that mentioned FM, DAB and USb connectors. I even didn't find any YouTube video about this upgrade...or maybe I missed it

+ if there must be also some pairing between new radio unit and the rest of ECUs ...?

it's not coded and no pairing they are the same basic unit so plug and play no difference between the 2021 and 23 models of the touch2

now there are different models 7 and 8" then you have the JBL units as well as the Smart connect+ what uses the same connectors but uses a bigger high def screen and a different software front end (from mid 2022)

the larger display will also require the correct bezel and frame (trim)

you will have gps but only on the DCM module but the radio is not connected for data in your pics (standard touch2 gen 3 without factory nav)

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much flash, amazing info! ;-)

• Like 1

Just a Caution the later Smart Connect (MM21) units used from 2022 on are VIN locked and dependent on a later style DCM unit.

I have seen one customer try and the Newer unit fits. connects but bricks as it cannot make a data connection via the older DCM, its installation also creates a fault on the older DCM/SOS unit which disables the DCM/SOS

On 1/13/2024 at 12:08 AM, Devon Aygo said:

Just a Caution the later Smart Connect (MM21) units used from 2022 on are VIN locked and dependent on a later style DCM unit.

I have seen one customer try and the Newer unit fits. connects but bricks as it cannot make a data connection via the older DCM, its installation also creates a fault on the older DCM/SOS unit which disables the DCM/SOS

My mate swapped the screen on his 2021 RAV4 (old style with buttons to the side) and everything seems to work, including MyT app. He is even able to access TPMS info, and the DSP does make the standard Speakers sound better. 

My Corolla has the newer style screen (only volume button on side) and although his screen fits my model, from research this may brick the DCM connection. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links