Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota owners manual PDF download

Louie

This evening I settled down for what I imagined to be a simple exercise in downloading a PDF user manual and it turned into a bit of a game designed by whoever is responsible for the the Toyota website. Here we go so after hitting the download PDF button i was presented with a moving circle in the middle of the webpage showing me download progress but no indication via my browser that anything was happening. Eventually the 551 pages that's right 551 appeared on my screen but no sign of a  a physical PDF downloaded to my C directory hard drive on my laptop. So where is it ?  well a small one line menu appeared  subsequently on page 1 and within that appeared a small arrow pointing downwards and by hitting that the download was completed to the correct directory on my C drive.  I then breathed a sigh of relief but my elation soon evaporated why ? the 551 pages of a large PDF file is  virtually impossible to navigate unless you scroll page by page and who wants to do that ! Thank you Toyota !!

Size really no different to other Japanese/Korean manufacturers. Our Hyundai has a 600 page owners manual plus a 651 page multimedia/navigation manual.

There is the index at the rear of the manual.

• Sad 1

Use the index to locate what you want and the use the scroll bar on the right hand side to drag it down to the page number you want. There's an element if trial and error, but then it is a Toyota.

• Thanks 1

Actually. I have just checked and my manual is 646 pages and the infotainment one is 240-odd, so you may not have downloaded the correct one. It's fun isn't it!

• Like 2

You could 'CTRL+F' and type in the search item, e.g. 'fuse', but it will show every place where the word 'fuse' is! In the manual I have, the word 'fuse' brings up 50 occurences.

• Like 2

Can’t understand why you feel the ‘fault’ lies with Toyota ?
Surely any problems are caused by the OS on your laptop.  Once you hit “download “ Toyotas ‘involvement’ ended !

I have successfully downloaded the Yaris manual to my iPad where, after importing to BOOKS I can read the guide very easily just like a ‘book’.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the replies its actually 644 pages and there is nothing wrong with my OS. I use PDF's regularly and most of the pages at the beginning show the context and if  I click on the highlighted text it normally takes me to the content I wish to view not mess around with scrolling. Toyota should have considered producing a quick guide on the most essential functions and their operation.

Their car software user integration leaves a lot to be desired and not a day goes by when I leave my drive and some pointless message appears on my display screen or driver's console its distracting and dangerous to boot. Toyota started their homework on this vehicle but got distracted and did not finish it that aside I  actually like the car.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can any body, Please, put a link as where to find the manual for a 2006 corolla MMT D-4D.

My car came with a quick guide in the glove box.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes mine too, but in Italian. Now I need to learn Italics......>>>>>>

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2024 at 1:42 AM, Louie said:

I  actually like the car.

I'd hate to see the number of issues you'd raise on a car you didn't like.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/2/2024 at 1:42 AM, Louie said:

not a day goes by when I leave my drive and some pointless message appears on my display screen or driver's console its distracting and dangerous to boot.

Strange.

That's not my experience at all.

I see no pointless messages whatsoever and don't find the display in the slightest distracting.

In fact, I find the customisable displays incredibly useful and quite intuitive now I've got the screens set up the way I like them.

Perhaps you need to familiarise yourself with the settings and make the display work for you.

If you're struggling with the manual maybe a trip to the dealer would help, they should be able to walk you through it all.

• Like 1

I am not struggling with the manual now that I have managed to find one that is 31 pages long and not 661 thanks to this forum members.  The dealer has confirmed that there are software  issues which need addressing but forgot to do so prior to me picking up the vehicle and I am not making this stuff up !! On another I expect when you are forking out nearly £35 k for a car it should really not come with all these software issues. I have owned many vehicles in the past and this one is unique in that  it reminds me of an incalcitrant child. The dealer is collecting the car next week to fix the software issues I have encountered and I have every faith he will and I am not giving up on Toyota just yet.

5 hours ago, Louie said:

The dealer has confirmed that there are software  issues which need addressing

I must be lucky, the only issue I had was when my profile was deleted meaning I lost all my personalisations.

I logged in again and recreated the settings and all has been fine since. (fingers crossed)

I wonder what issues he's referring to, seems unlikely a dealer is going to be able to fix issues with software though.

• Like 1

Hi Simon the messages i am getting are as follows repeated random requests on the display screen asking me to agree to connect/synchronise followed by QR code and when I follow the instructions it says OK then 5 mins later it repeats the request all over again and so on and so forth.

The irritating thing is it knocks out my Apple Play, Wayze etc and i have to press an icon on the top left to get to reconnect  with over and over again this can happen 3 to 4 times on a short journeys My Toyota app is connected and functioning after an outage but has stopped recording my journey history and mpg ??. 

In addition on the driver's side display i keep getting messages to reset my speed which pops up randomly and i ignore because i have no clue what this message is about. This message pops up when no drivers assist stuff has been engaged and only started popping up in the last 7 days. I think my Excel was built in Derby when the guys were on a tea break and when they got back they forgot something.🙄

The dealer stated that the staffers with new cars were having similar problems and where looking into a solution.

On 12/31/2023 at 11:50 PM, Louie said:

appeared on my screen but no sign of a  a physical PDF downloaded to my C directory hard drive on my laptop.

It will be in your Downloads folder (unless you've chosen to 'Save As' to somewhere else, then it will be there).  

Assuming you're using Windows... 

Right click on the bottom left Start button (a Windows logo) > Choose 'File Explorer' > On the left, you'll find your Downloads folder in the list. Check here.

Failing that, look at 'This PC' (toward the bottom of the list on the left, you might need to scroll down a bit. Here you'll find your C Drive. Double click it, check if it's been somehow sent there.  

If it's just come up on the screen, then your browser has opened it and you'll need to find the 'Save' or 'Download' button to get a downloaded copy.  

A decent PDF viewing programme will likely let you click on a contents item and take you to that page. I'm not sure if Windows has one built in that would support that (or possibly Toyota didn't hyperlink the PDF manual). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Louie said:

in addition on the driver's side display i keep getting messages to reset my speed which pops up randomly and i ignore because i have no clue what this message is about. This message pops up when no drivers assist stuff has been engaged and only started popping up in the last 7 days.

That sounds like the message you get when you're using cruise control / speed limiter and you've enabled the setting to allow RSA to fix your speed to the new speed limit.

So, for example if I've set cruise control to 40mph and I drive into a 60mph zone, the RSA reads the speed limit sign on the roadside and a message pops up asking if I want to set cruise control to the new speed.

I find it incredibly useful! Saves a lot of faffing about.

However none of that functionality is enabled by default, it needs to be activated in the settings on the dashboard.

If that's what it is you can disable it.

Anyway, it all sounds incredibly frustrating, hope you get it all sorted out.

• Like 1

Today we went out with "her indoors" for a coffee and everything went smoothly apart from the usual blue screnn garbage thrown up on the display screen on turning on the ignition etc (see pic).

Now I know that mobile phone connectivity seems to be an issue with the Excel as its intermittent. I will now try to explain so  after attempting to drive home  the display screen notified me that the iPhone 12 was no longer connected even though its bluetooth functionality was enabled. In addition "her indoors" Iphone  8 profile had vanished ( see pic) . After restarting  the engine and my bluetooth iPhone 12 connectivity off  the problem was solved. I think I shall deliver my Excel to the dealer personally  rather than them collect it and hopefully will have some sort of hands on interaction to solve some these problems.

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

Have you downloaded the MyToyota app on your phone and connected it to the infotainment system?

Have you logged in to your Toyota profile on the infotainment unit?

Have you linked your phone and/or your key to your profile?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

Have you downloaded the MyToyota app on your phone and connected it to the infotainment system?

Have you logged in to your Toyota profile on the infotainment unit?

Have you linked your phone and/or your key to your profile?

I would have to agree on this. I suspect it's user error. I had this come up after the OTA fix for the e-call unit. I went through all you have listed and no more problems since. I have only linked one phone though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links