Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo X (cross) owner

Sczood

Hello all, 

wanted to introduce myself I’m Scott and recently a few days ago picked up my Aygo X 2022 plate it’s lovely to drive and after reading various online reviews saying it’s a slow car I did a test trip to Bristol and back and we were in the fast lane most of the way so to me I was more than happy with its power 🙂 

The clutch I’m still learning think this one has a slightly higher biting point that I’m trying to suss would love to talk to other Aygo owners this is my first Toyota car too so any info, advice is much appreciated!

Heres a photo of my new Aygo I think it looks striking 

IMG_4142.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello Scott - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

Hi. I bought a used Aygo X Pure manual gearchange 3 weeks ago. I was expecting to experience the high biting point for the clutch as reported, and which I had experienced with a rented previous model Aygo, but to be honest it seems fine. As for performance from the engine, it pulls better than I was expecting without having to rev hard in a low gear unless going up a steep hill. A recent trip from West Sussex to Bristol saw 60+ mpg using M27, M3 and M4, whilst the return journey on the A36 via Bath and Salisbury and the M27 returned 71 mpg. Although I kept the speed down to 60+ on the Motorways, I kept up with traffic on A and B roads. My previous vehicles included an MG EV and a Vauxhall Astra hybrid both of which had super smooth transmissions and were very nippy. Having said that, I appreciate the simplicity of the Aygo X, the good range of safety kit and the cheap running costs. I enjoy driving and the "back to basics" is refreshing.  The only issues so far are 1. the Toyota App, which for some reason deleted my vehicle, and after 3 failed attempts to reload and Activate requires a visit to my dealer to verify manually, and 2. the rear screen washer seems reluctant to spray more than a dribble - I can hear the pump working and the washer reservoir is full. I've given the nozzle a wash and will try again with a longer test in case there is air in the pipe, otherwise I'll need the dealership to look at it. Bottom line is that I'm pleased with a car that does everything I need it to at 1/3rd of the price of my previous vehicles.

• Like 3

In the previous version of the app, I deleted my aygo once and had to ask the dealer to add me to the system again..it worked again after they did their "something they do".

Good luck to both with the AygoX.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, glsj said:

Hi. I bought a used Aygo X Pure manual gearchange 3 weeks ago. I was expecting to experience the high biting point for the clutch as reported, and which I had experienced with a rented previous model Aygo, but to be honest it seems fine. As for performance from the engine, it pulls better than I was expecting without having to rev hard in a low gear unless going up a steep hill. A recent trip from West Sussex to Bristol saw 60+ mpg using M27, M3 and M4, whilst the return journey on the A36 via Bath and Salisbury and the M27 returned 71 mpg. Although I kept the speed down to 60+ on the Motorways, I kept up with traffic on A and B roads. My previous vehicles included an MG EV and a Vauxhall Astra hybrid both of which had super smooth transmissions and were very nippy. Having said that, I appreciate the simplicity of the Aygo X, the good range of safety kit and the cheap running costs. I enjoy driving and the "back to basics" is refreshing.  The only issues so far are 1. the Toyota App, which for some reason deleted my vehicle, and after 3 failed attempts to reload and Activate requires a visit to my dealer to verify manually, and 2. the rear screen washer seems reluctant to spray more than a dribble - I can hear the pump working and the washer reservoir is full. I've given the nozzle a wash and will try again with a longer test in case there is air in the pipe, otherwise I'll need the dealership to look at it. Bottom line is that I'm pleased with a car that does everything I need it to at 1/3rd of the price of my previous vehicles.

That’s great to hear of them figures you got from your drives the car is very very efficient isn’t it? Yes I agree I haven’t really had an issue with the pull of the engine if anything it drives pretty nice and seats are comfortable to, my old car was a 21 plate Nissan juke but where we live our street is hurrendous for parking and we live in such a narrow Street so we needed to downsize - still getting used to it but must admit parking is a breeze to say the least 😊 I’ve not actually tried the rear windscreen washer yet I’ll give it a try after work to see if mine does the same as yours front ones work as used them mind. The app things a little odd I’ve only had the car a few days but will report back if I get kicked off the Toyota system too, hopefully the dealer can help you glad your enjoying your AygoX 

• Like 1

I solved the rear washer problem - the nozzle (which is hidden away integrated into the near side of the high level brake light) was clogged. I used a very fine needle to gently poke it. The manual says not to do this but I was very careful.

The Toyota dealer is still waiting for a call back from Toyota HQ regarding the Toyota App. The message on the App says go to a dealership and they can manually verify the vehicle, so maybe the salesman is not familiar with what to do. It's not a major issue, but as it's free I may as well get some use from the service.

• Like 1

Welcome to TOC Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

A visit to the Toyota dealer fixed the MyToyota App issue. They reset the App (presumably they have administrative access) and everything now works again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links