Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v battery, is it covered by warranty?

fishhead

My 2021 seems to have the commond Battery issue.  Wont start and everything is slow to open.

it seems the Battery is at about 7v!

Just wondereing if it will be covered by warranty or if I should just go buy a new one?

• Sad 1

I doubt it'd be covered after 3 years but you can always ask them!

If the Battery used in yours is of the same make as the one in the Yaris Mk4, you'd be better off replacing it yourself with a better brand like Yuasa, as a warranty replacement will just be the same lower quality Battery originally used.

• Like 2

It's a wear item after the first year, it's not an AGM so £55-75

Brand wise Bosch/Varta or Yuasa

• Like 4

If you dont want to fit it yourself then Halfords is another option if its the same as a MK4 Yaris HSB202 is £117.69 fitted or collect and fit yourself at £97.67

If you can wait you find it cheaper on the internet then fit it yourself or price it at your local garage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fishhead said:

My 2021 seems to have the commond battery issue.  Wont start and everything is slow to open.

it seems the battery is at about 7v!

Just wondereing if it will be covered by warranty or if I should just go buy a new one?

If your ever near donny I’ll put you one on at staff rate ( yuasa ) 

• Like 3

And if u can travel to anchorman, wherever he is, he will install free for forum members. 

• Haha 1

15 Year Toyota Hybrid Battery Cover

In addition to the manufacturer warranty, your Toyota Hybrid Battery can benefit from up to 15 years of warranty in total. With every service at a Toyota dealer, the warranty is extended for a further 12 months, up to the 15th year of registration

Found this on the Toyota UK website.

8 hours ago, Jimota said:

15 Year Toyota Hybrid Battery Cover

In addition to the manufacturer warranty, your Toyota Hybrid battery can benefit from up to 15 years of warranty in total. With every service at a Toyota dealer, the warranty is extended for a further 12 months, up to the 15th year of registration

Found this on the Toyota UK website.

That's for the hybrid traction Battery though, not the conventional 12v Battery

• Like 3

Ah.  Wasn’t aware of that.  Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Thanks the advice and offers!  Rather than mess around with recovery and dealers.  I just went to my nearest eurocarparts and bought a nice Bosh Battery and fitted it myself.

All sorted now and the car starts.

• Like 3

Let us know how you get on!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fishhead said:

Thanks the advice and offers!  Rather than mess around with recovery and dealers.  I just went to my nearest eurocarparts and bought a nice Bosh battery and fitted it myself.

All sorted now and the car starts.

Out of curiosity ......  When changing 12v Battery on a hybrid Corolla, do we need to preserve the supply to the car in any way, or reset anything after the change?  Or is it as simple as disconnecting & dismounting old, connecting new?   

• Like 1

The radio lost it setting and the time was reset.  And there were alerts about the anti crash system and ABS.  Just needed a short drive up the road to clear.  So its just a disconnect and reconnect

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links