Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Start Climate with app logs me out the infotainment

Extreme_One

I've noticed if I use the app to Start Climate and interrupt it by getting in the car before the 10 minutes is up, I'll be logged out from the car's infotainment system. 

If I leave it the full 10 minutes so the Climate stops naturally before I get in I'll remain logged in.

Can anyone else replicate before I report it to the Toyota app team?

2 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

I've noticed if I use the app to Start Climate and interrupt it by getting in the car before the 10 minutes is up, I'll be logged out from the car's infotainment system. 

If I leave it the full 10 minutes so the Climate stops naturally before I get in I'll remain logged in.

Yes the same thing happened to me when using the MyToyota app for remote climate control to pre warm the car, when I interrupted the 10 minute cycle even with both the key fob and mobile phone in my pocket I was required to enter the MyToyota password into the infotainment screen. Otherwise constant messages stating you are not logged in occur !

It seems like either another MyToyota bug or a built in check to make sure when remotely running the engine it might assume someone else has entered the vehicle? Only Toyota would be able to clarify this scenario 

• Thanks 1

It doesn't do this to me, so I would go with the bug theory.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 5:57 PM, Extreme_One said:

This has happened to me also a few times, I didn't check the exact conditions, but it's a pain how it pops up constantly throughout a journey when I'm using satnav when I cannot enter a password as I'm driving.

• Thanks 1

I have reported this to Toyota. Not received a response yet though.

It happens every time if I start the climate using the app and interrupt it before the 10 minute cycle.

If I wait for the Climate to finish it doesn't happen.

Now, if I'm going to get in the car early, before the climate cycle is completed, I use the app to Stop it before getting in the car. Then I remain logged in.

yup this happened to me. useful info to know that you let the car run the full 10 minutes it won't log you out, not that I'll ever remember that far in advance that I want a warm car! I cannot stand the constant barrage of reminders - every 5 minutes, usually right when you're about to look at the sat nav to discovery your next turn. Really poor software implementation

Hopefully you noticed this bit, which is the workaround

"Now, if I'm going to get in the car early, before the climate cycle is completed, I use the app to Stop it before getting in the car. Then I remain logged in."

• Like 1

I think we all know by now the MT app is bugged to hell and back. It misreports stuff and only works intermittently etc. Yesterday my defrost remote control said no today when I don't need it it said  yes. Also my Infotainment pop ups came back with a vengeance yesterday today I just got the welcome message and nothing more. Toyota are obviously fiddling with the MT app on a daily basis which explains the intermittent behaviour. I just wish they would stop fiddling and make it   work permanently.

27 minutes ago, Louie said:

Toyota are obviously fiddling with the MT app on a daily basis which explains the intermittent behaviour.

I really don't think so.

I only got the Corolla on December 13th, so I installed the app that day. It's not updated even once since then.

In fact it's not been updated since 23rd November.

Screenshot_2024-01-22-17-26-38-38_b5a5c5cb02ca09c784c5d88160e2ec24.thumb.jpg.6899a9556441508d3f6c78f1f0f212ea.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not without bugs, but the one you described, where the defrost climate control didn't show one day and did the next, is really easily resolved.

It happens all the time to me too. Look:

Screenshot_2024-01-22-17-29-55-12_3f89809a17d8c33af5fc42ac4dff733f.thumb.jpg.6bccb0db6e30e888ce774ca952f464d4.jpg

☝️No climate controls when I first load the app.

When it happens next time, swipe down on the page (the same action as if you were refreshing your emails) and that forces everything to update.

Screenshot_2024-01-22-17-30-04-92_3f89809a17d8c33af5fc42ac4dff733f.thumb.jpg.eee1fd11296782373de068c772dce31f.jpg

☝️I've now swiped down on the screen to refresh it. See it says Updating...

Screenshot_2024-01-22-17-30-16-32.thumb.jpg.7f4e11b3fb0d69e9b469c0136ae18aaf.jpg

☝️ After it's updated, your missing climate controls will appear.

Most of the bugs and glitches with the app seem to be solved by simply refreshing it.

As for the popups, the cause of those seems to be interrupting the Climate, if you start it with the app, before it's run it's 10 minute cycle. The solution is to either wait the full 10 minutes before getting in the car, or use the app to Stop the climate control before getting in the car. Neither are ideal, both far from perfect, but I find them preferable to the annoying login box that pops up.

If you do get that popup login box then you've got no choice but to enter your password when prompted otherwise it'll drive you nuts continually nagging you every five minutes or so, even whilst you're driving.

I've reported it to Toyota, but I'm certainly not holding my breath for a fix for that one. 😒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louie said:

Yesterday my defrost remote control said no today when I don't need it it said  yes.

I had the same problem with the car not responding in the morning. I think that it 'goes to sleep' some time after being locked.

I found that when I unlocked and then locked it with the remote (from the warmth of indoors...) this problem went away.

• Like 1

Today when I turned on climate control out of curiousity  enabling front and rear windows defrost the engine stopped after about 5 mins without intervention. 

Yesterday MT app refused to do anything and dreaded Infotainment screen pop ups returned. Today this did not happen save for a welcome screen which then vanished and my journey was not accompanied by any irritating pop ups. The mystery continued.

To "Extreme One" I am only quoting my Toyota dealer who stated last week that Toyota do fiddle a lot with over the web intervention which is carried out on a frequent basis possibly on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, Louie said:

Today when I turned on climate control out of curiousity  enabling front and rear windows defrost the engine stopped after about 5 mins without intervention. 

The engine doesn't always run continuously during the defrost cycle.

The defrost cycle, once started, takes 10 minutes to complete. The ICE turns on and off during the 10 minute cycle.

If you enter the car before the cycle completes, and don't actually tell it to stop via the app, you'll be logged out of the infotainment system.

The only way to avoid this is to either wait the full 10 minutes, or actually send the Stop command from the app, before entering the car.

It's infuriating, but I'm just glad I now know how to stop the car continually logging me out.

9 minutes ago, Louie said:

To "Extreme One" I am only quoting my Toyota dealer who stated last week that Toyota do fiddle a lot with over the web intervention which is carried out on a frequent basis possibly on a daily basis.

I think it's fairly well established that a lot of car dealers don't really know what they're talking about. 😉

I was told my Corolla has Wireless Android auto and that putting the car in B Mode applied magnets over the wheel that slowed the car down. 🤣

• Haha 1

Yes most dealers  have a accreditations from the the University of Talking Rollocks .

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links