Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Not Ready to Drive"

JasonChan

This morning, I cannot start the engine of my Aygo x Edge.

It shows a sentence "Not Ready to Drive"

How to solve the problem?

20240116_142254.jpg

is the starter motor working? Could be Battery issues especially if you've been doing many short journeys.

• Like 1

Hi Jason

Any sounds? any clanking noises ?

First check the Battery if it has enough charge if you can or any obvious connectors disconnected from the engine/ Battery (check if the Battery cables are very well attached to the connectors)  

or call AAA

• Like 1

It's not ready to drive as the engine hasn't started !!

Key in (or press the button), EPB on, gear neutral (park if its auto), press brake pedal a few times (to build up some pressure), clutch in, then turn on the ignition all the way (or press the button)

• Like 1

I think may be the Battery is descharged. I'll try to use a jump starter for solution.

Thanks to all of you.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JasonChan said:

I think may be the battery is descharged. I'll try to use a jump starter for solution.

Thanks to all of you.

Maybe you left the interior light on or something "if" the Battery is flat.  If not, it needs to go back to Toyota for a investigation.

• Like 1

Some ideas :

Same electronics as other models.. so I would like to send you the URL for an other topic handling the same problem

https://www.reddit.com/r/rav4club/comments/177ih6b/not_ready_to_drive_issue/

where a user suggests

""""""You also get that message when you press the start button without depressing the brake pedal which means it is in accessory mode."""""""

if the car was not running for a while just normal pressure to press the brake pedal could not be enough (on automatic) and you would need to push the pedal a lot harder than normal. 

I also read in the suggestions that it's possible the car didn't manage to do all emissions related tests that are done at startup. That should be clear when you read the car ecu through the obd port.

If its a manual, try pressing the clutch only and not the break pedal at the same time.

One more possibility: every time you start the car, it needs to read the chip in your key first. IF it didnt manage to read the keyfob chip, it is not ready to drive. Solve it by holding the key fob close to the steering wheel / press start-stop button with the keyfob and / or by changing the Battery inside that key.

• Like 1

I suspect it is Battery related. The problems I had with my Corolla were during lockdown when the car was rarely used and since then I never had a repeat. No coincidence that you are having this issue in the current cold snap. Try putting the Battery on charge.

• Like 1

Altough you could be right, I have seen other warnings about the Battery condition in the AygoX that are more specific, like :  Battery voltage too low,

• 1 month later...

It is the switch from the clutch pedal.

Tapping the clutch a few times temporary solves the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

what was the problem in the end?

Thanks to all of you.
It's my negligence. It should be firmly depress the clutch pedal (for manual transmission) and not the brake pedal (for multidrive) while start the engine.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links