Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

folding mirrors over extending in the winter

pitchblack3

Hi Everyone, 

starting earlier this week I have a strange issue with my Toyota Auris Hybrid Lease Pro folding mirrors. Earlier this week the temperature went down to below freezing and since then my driver side mirror sometimes doesn't stop at the unfolded/open position and just keeps going untill the mirror has done a fulle 180 turn. Pressing the close mirros button and then press it again to open them up again makes them go to the correct position. 

The current theory is that during the daytime temperature goes above freezing and the ice melts a little causing water to be inside the mirror and at night when it goes below it freezes again causing the mirror to miss its stop. after than closing it and reopening them whatever stop was frozen gets loosened up to make them work as designed. 

has anyone had something simulair happen? 

Mirror actuators have limit switches which likely are frozen and not operating. A few turns frees them up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links