Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is the dealer service plan worthwhile for my new Corolla?

TrackLink

Picked up my new Corolla HB yesterday - very happy so far. As well as the various insurance packages offered by the dealer (all of which I declined) I was offered a 3-year service plan that includes 3 annual services, roadside assistance and the first MOT for £30 a month (or £1082 as a single payment). I don’t know the typical annual service cost for 1.8 MY23 Corolla but was intending to get it serviced at the dealer anyway to maintain the warranty. Is this service plan worth it?

I always take a service plan mainly for the warranty, the fact they do a hybrid Battery check and the fact it is a fixed price for the duration therefore any service price rises don’t apply. I pay it by monthly instalments too for around £24 a month 

Yes took one out with local dealer group.  £26 pm for next 3 service's 2 minor 1 major. Probably not much saving though no big outlay when service is due. No mot or breakdown cover included.  

Seen the question many times.

Some say 'yes' and some say 'no'.

I didn't ... my wife did...

Both happy.

• Like 1

Remember,  if you trade in your car before the end of the plan you could be in credit.

My Corolla on a 3 year plan was traded in after its second service, the expensive one.  I cancelled my payment after the 2nd Service.   Pay payments to date had equalled the original cost for the first 2.

My Yaris is on a 2 year plan.  My car will be traded in before the 2nd Service so I expect about a £150 rebate.

1 hour ago, TrackLink said:

£30 a month (or £1082 as a single payment).

No brainer.  Pay monthly.

One thing to check is whether the service plan you are being offered is with the dealership, so tied to that site or other sites within their chain, or whether it is with Toyota UK and can be used at any dealership so offering more flexibility.

• Like 2

Both my wife and I have a service plan on our cars. These can be used at any Toyota Dealer. Well worth it in my opinion.

I took out a service plan with my previous C-HR. It went in for the first service and this was paid with no problem. Before the second service, the price of the service was increased by Toyota. The Dealer honoured the original price as per the service plan. I also got a 10% discount on my MOT, which was also covered by the service plan, and get free fitting of Wiper Blades and bulbs.

I would recommend the service plan. I'm paying £29 per month and although I didn't write down the service costs quoted over the 'phone, a quick calculation showed me that it was about the same, but spreading the cost out. The Toyota assist for three years is included (only one year otherwise) plus an MOT. The plan is valid at any Toyota dealership. It also protects me from the inevitable price increases for three years.

• Thanks 1

A service plan also fixes the cost of services for the duration of the plan, at the time the plan is taken out. So you avoid any cost increases for that period.

Thanks all, your replies are much appreciated. Think I'll go for it, with monthly payments.

• Like 1

I took the 3 year service plan, I figured it would protect me from inflation rises as the costs at the time were fixed at 2022 prices, no idea if the service price has risen in price since then.

I am currently above milage. My job change has me doing more miles so I may have to add a 4th service at an additional cost to myself. I researched this car a lot before purchase but I missed it was 10k miles apposed to the 12-18k miles or 12 months on previous cars I have had.

No bother though, as I plan on keeping this car and buying it at the end of the term. I like the car a lot and id only possibly change for a Rav 4.

I bought 5 services when I bought my 22reg TS. Paid £1250 for all 5

never used service plans .....but the boss put her foot down on this one and i have to admit it makes sense.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links