Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Police motorbikes

Primus1

3 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Well for those who really don't know,it stands for compulsory basic training.

But for some of the pupils, candidates, baby bikers or whatever name you like to describe these fledgling motorcyclists, I would assume CBT to be an acronym for Complete ***** ******,in my experience teaching them.

Some however, were a delight to teach, actually listening instead of knowing everything, and of course this was in the days before ubiquitous smartphone use, I imagine that now the attention span is measured in milliseconds.

Paul, did you used to teach safety bike courses. 🙂

If you want to see a large number of Police Motorbikes go out and spectate on the Tour Of Britain Bike Race, there are hundreds.

God knows where they go for the rest of the year.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I should clarify when I said I used the whole road, I just mean my lane, and not literally the whole road! :laugh:

The police officer on the bike safe did mean the whole width of the road Cyker, but of course with full view ahead.

Not possible on every road of course, but good fun and safe if there are the sight lines, especially on a bike.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bper said:

Paul, did you used to teach safety bike courses. 🙂

No Bob, just the CBTs , which you can do if down trained by a Cardington trained motorcycle instructor.

Part hobby at the time, I was very keen on biking and fancied a career break riding bikes in the sunshine for a bit instead of number crunching in construction.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

The police officer on the bike safe did mean the whole width of the road Cyker, but of course with full view ahead.

Round here, local knowledge,  there are some wonderful open and sweeping roads.   Problem is not the horizontal bends but the vertical ones. 😆

• Haha 2

Regarding the comment about not seeing so many police motorcyclists, this could be due to considerations for their safety.  When pursuing speeding drivers, often criminals will do anything to avoid capture, and in recent times there have been instances where the speedster has deliberately collided with the police vehicle.  Totally unsafe situation for a motorcycle police chase.  Also, police cars can box-in the speedster, whereas a motorcycle cannot.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Regarding the comment about not seeing so many police motorcyclists, this could be due to considerations for their safety.  When pursuing speeding drivers, often criminals will do anything to avoid capture, and in recent times there have been instances where the speedster has deliberately collided with the police vehicle.  Totally unsafe situation for a motorcycle police chase.  Also, police cars can box-in the speedster, whereas a motorcycle cannot.

Probably correct, it just shows that the priority has changed from crime prevention to fund raising.

Very sad really.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:18 AM, Mjolinor said:

As we are talking police motorbikes I must seize this opportunity to show off mine

An R75/6 ?

There's about 75% fewer police in 'Traffic' these days. (RPU or 'Road Policing Unit' in modern parlance.) Remember the days when you saw police cars just 'out on patrol'? Once I was stopped as I had a brake light not working. It just wouldn't happen these days.  Why? Budget cuts mainly.  In 2008, 30,000 police officers were 'retired early' and 'Traffic' took a massive hit. If they didn't retire they could move to 'Armed Response' or the Anti Terrorist Group which were (politically) more important. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wooster said:

An R75/6 ?

Correct. 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links