Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CARISTA OBD2

Louie

Recently I acquired a Carista  OBD2 BT25 from Ebay  and it has lots of red flags hanging off it.  I think its fake even though it has Carista labels stuck all over it and it is made in China with an EU conformity label. I am strongly minded to send it back and pick up the genuine more expensive item from Amazon any opinions ??

Hard to say without seeing it, but as the saying goes "If it's too good to be true, it's probably ARRGHBLAIEE IT'S ON MY FACE! MY FACE! GET IT OFF! GERRITORF! GERRIARGBLARGALBLARGGlurgle"

You could also check with Carista support.

• Like 1

Hi I am familiar with the dodgy offers etc and this item normally retails on Amazon at £35 this went for £19 plus postage on eBay so if it works its a steal but alarm bells are ringing. I cannot find any information as to where the dongles are manufactured ?

See attached images is it entirely possible this is manufactured in China under licence ?

IMG_2351~photo.jpg

IMG_2352~photo.jpg

IMG_2353~photo.jpg

IMG_2354~photo.jpg

IMG_2355~photo.jpg

This supposed to be the newer model but it doesn’t look right to me. 
You can visit Carista website, the company is located in Sofia, Bulgaria , and the hardware is made in China but the previous generations did came in different packages, plastic boxes for extended use. 
Here is the generation 1. Original bought from Amazon
image.thumb.jpeg.d95a1fb9b82827f46865d25c8f49f157.jpeg

Hi Guys yup it talks to my Excel but a third of the options seem to be missing and one of them I can set using the options on the Infotainment screen to change the interior light timings to dimm from 7 secs to 15. 

I was able configure some settings using Carista to open and shut all windows before entering and unlocking by using long press on car key. Also I was able to turn off some alarms such as rear seat belt etc apart from that the Carista is  missing a lot of functionality which was present in OBD (1) so I am returning it and might go for the more expensive version.

So how does it work ? well you downloaded Carista App from  Apple Store and it talks using bluetooth on your mobile but you have to wait briefly for lots of things to talk to each other and save your settings so not a 3 minute job. The Carista dongle plugs directly into your analytical socket underneath the dash driver's side and flashes red on connection and you have to make sure your car's ignition is turned on. 

Now here is a mystery the Carista PDF talks about a physical and a Smart key anyone know what are they talking about ? 

IMG_2381~photo.jpg

IMG_2380~photo.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links