Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre pressure monitoring

mitford

Evening all, the daughters Aygo 2018 tyre pressure warning light has come on, I’ve checked the pressures and rest it but the warning light comes back on even though the pressure la are good, what’s the easiest way to troubleshoot these?

If there is no visual damage to the tyres, try resetting the TPMS, see YouTube clip below.  If after doing this and it still bleeps, you'll have to get the tyres inspected.

• Like 1

there may be a small difference in the tyre pressures? Sometimes mine comes on after they have been inflated even though they are correct.

Jamie, believe there is about a 20% tolerance before the warning. The pressure warning might be a function of how you check and reset the tyres and TPMS.

Ideally set the tyre pressures when they are cold.  If the tyres were inflated at a filling station they might lose 2 psi of more overnight.  

~~~~~

I am guessing that your warning refers to any one of the 4 wheels.  As the car is 6 years old, is it possible it is the Battery in the sensor that is at fault although if the warming goes out after a reset it might not be that. 

Does the old aygo work with individual sensors (incl batteries)?

The aygox doesn't.  There it's the abs system that calculated difference in wheel speeds. 

If I am not mistaken the aygo 2018 has this same, more simple, more cheap system.

17 hours ago, mitford said:

the daughters Aygo 2018 tyre pressure warning light has come on

The second generation Aygo has an indirect tyre pressure monitoring system - no wheel sensors. 

With the ignition on, you need to press and hold the reset button until the TPMS warning light flashes 3 times.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links