Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked up my new Yaris on Friday last

Bernard Foy

Hi all, picked up my 2024 new Yaris Hybrid. It’s just the same model as my previous one. There are a few small insignificant differences, but I haven’t had time to explore yet. The only difference I have noticed on a quick look is the previous tyres were Continental and new car has Bridgestone, and the tyre noise seems to be reduced.

• Like 10

Sooo what 12v Battery does it have? :whistling1:  *ducks* :laugh: 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi all, picked up my 2024 new Yaris Hybrid. It’s just the same model as my previous one. There are a few small insignificant differences, but I haven’t had time to explore yet. The only difference I have noticed on a quick look is the previous tyres were Continental and new car has Bridgestone, and the tyre noise seems to be reduced.

Is that an actual 2024 model year Yaris with the new digital dash display directly in front of you? Which country are you in Bernard?

• Like 1

He's in the land of the leprechauns and shamrocks, the emerald isle! :laugh: , and the car is the last of the current model, not one of the first MY24 ones (Which are not due to arrive to market until March IIRC).

So basically the same as ours, for the most part, maybe slightly updated as ours are pre-facelift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

He's in the land of the leprechauns and shamrocks, the emerald isle! :laugh: , and the car is the last of the current model, not one of the first MY24 ones (Which are not due to arrive to market until March IIRC).

So basically the same as ours, for the most part, maybe slightly updated as ours are pre-facelift.

Right. That's what I was trying to establish...

• Like 3

No worries, as the forum Yaris nutcas*delete* connoisseur I try to keep an eye on such things :whistling1: :laugh: 

I am curious what differences there are between the original one and this one though, or if they are even noticeable!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CPN said:

Right. That's what I was trying to establish...

Cyber is spot on with the geography analysis 👌 the other stuff is old blarney 🤣

• Haha 5

My 'new' YC is on the way to Derbyshire but I have changed my order to the MY24 for May/Jun.

I could be persuaded to look at the BYD at a similar price, slightly better spec as it recognises people actually sit in the back seats 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

Sooo what 12v battery does it have? :whistling1:  *ducks* :laugh: 

I couldn't care less what type of 12volt Battery it has, however, I understand why you're asking. But I can bet my bottom dollar that it was flat after sitting, and has been charged up. I've no intention of trying to pull up that back seat to find out. The old bypass wouldn't stand the strain.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your new car 🚙👌

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Enjoy your new car 🚙👌

Thank you Tony, I've had a good run out with it to Sligo and back, and I am very pleased with it, as I was with the last one. That's why I went for the same model. I wasn't going to wait for the newer version and pay 5 or 6 thousand more €s for a few upgrades on toys or on the I30 so that I could shave .5 of a second off the 0-60 time. I find that the present Yaris is a good car and is lively enough on the road. It may be of benefit to the Yaris Cross !!

• Like 6

Hi Bernard, congratulations on your new Yaris Hybrid hope you have many miles of pleasurable motoring.:smile:

• Like 3

Current Yaris hatchback is more than good enough. Wouldn't pay £4-5k extra for the premiere too. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Current Yaris hatchback is more than good enough.

Absolutely.

28 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Wouldn't pay £4-5k extra for the premiere too. 

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you but, I am fast approaching the end of my current PCP (so need to change anyway) and have ended up ordering a Premiere Edition with lower monthly payments (after all the discounts) than what I am currently paying for my Launch Edition 2020 car (thanks CarWow!) and will end up carrying forward a higher residual from the new car...

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

I couldn't care less what type of 12volt battery it has, however, I understand why you're asking. But I can bet my bottom dollar that it was flat after sitting, and has been charged up. I've no intention of trying to pull up that back seat to find out. The old bypass wouldn't stand the strain.

Sorry, that was meant very much tongue in cheek, was taking at dig at the very popular 12v Battery thread :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Current Yaris hatchback is more than good enough. Wouldn't pay £4-5k extra for the premiere too. 

Yeah that's my problem too - If they'd stuck in the heated seats and maybe the 360 degree camera system I'd jump on it, but with the current offering I'd essentially get a car that's slightly worse than mine but has 15 more HP.

If I was buying one now I'd absolutely get that, but the gap between my current one and that one is too small for the extra £7-10k I'd probably have to stump up to get one... Also I don't really want a silver car (And that's the least undesirable colour to me on offer for the Premiere :laugh:  - I still don't get why the more expensive the spec, the less colour choices you get! It makes no sense!! :wacko:)

• Like 1

Hi Cyker, you have nothing to apologise or be sorry for. Arnold Swartzenegger would struggle to pull up the back seat, never mind an old !Removed! like me who'll never see the 76 again except on somebodys door. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links