Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Bumper respray and colour code

Perfection

I know I haven't been to this site for a while, but here are the questions on my Verso car:

I wonder if anyone is familiar with the colour code 1G3. I wonder if this the Decuma Grey or Magnetic Grey. And are they the same thing or completely different colour. I will attempt use spray cans to respray the replacement bumper. The replacement bumper is a used one, so will need to sand down and prime. If anyone got experience of this would be great to hear from. Any particular brand paint? I seen some Hycote spray cans and they have the Toyota Decuma Grey, but is this the 1G3 paint code? 

1G3 Is Decuma Grey, but notoriously difficult to match if using spray cans. Can you not get a Chips Away type company to spray it for you? 

Thanks Parts-King. I will look into that suggestion by Chips Away. My car is a 14 years old now so a slight mismatch is not too critical. The car will be driven to the ground. I am surprised that the car still worth £2000 in the market. I had it for 8 years and it is trouble free car for the last 90k miles. 

I reversed into a bollard! and damaged the corner of the bumper and the light cluster. So the DIY repair bill so far is £90 for a used light cluster, £175 for a used bumper and now the unknown respray cost. 

Thinking in the hind side, I should had made an insurance claim but was concerned with the writing off the car. 

By the time you buy enough spray paint to do the job I bet one of those chips away companies could do it for you, quite reasonably 

• Like 1

I must say the guy from Shine!, who do repairs under the Smart Repair thing I had on my Mk4, did a fantastic job repairing the scratch on one of my doors - Literally undetectable, and it was a pretty deep one!

By the way Kingo, I've always wondered, is there more than one Decuma Grey? My Mk2 was supposed to be Decuma Grey, but it was a much lighter shade than my Mk4's Decuma Grey, which is closer to the Thunder Grey of my brother's old Corolla!

I got a respray workshop who charges £350 to respray and refit the bumper. And may ask him to do the corner of the front bumper as well. Visible peeling due to extreme hot weather a few years ago and that patch of paint must be a scuff repaired by previous owner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links