Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

from Corolla to Yaris Cross

50p

I know some on here have made this transition. What are the pros, any cons?

To me, pros slightly smaller footprint, larger boot space

Possible cons, 3 cylinder engine, although well proven with the Yaris GR! No option for opening sunroof.

Thoughts please.

• Like 1

To add to your Pros I would add higher seating.  Also a less obvious item I much preferred the steering wheel controls that had superior feel.

With the Corolla I frequently deselected cruise control as I pressed the wrong segment of to controls. 

I find no issue with the smaller engine.  As far as sun roof I would even rate one as desirable. 

• Like 3

What about refinement and tyre noise? Is Yaris cross better or worse than Corolla? 
Thanks 

• Like 1

For cons I found the controls to be in weird placements on the Yaris cross. 

the door release inside is far away and doesn’t fall easily to hand like the Corolla. Also I found the air vents low in the dash to not blow effectively at my face. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

What about refinement and tyre noise? Is Yaris cross better or worse than Corolla? 
Thanks 

In normal driving the only discernible noise is tyre noise.  On certain stretches of road everything goes quiet.

On other roads I need to turn up audio volume as I increase speed,  but really no different from the Corolla. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Thanks 

Yaris cross has significantly higher road and wind noise than the Corolla. Also found the Yaris cross to be quite nervous and unsettled at motorway speeds compared to the Corolla, likely due to its tall body and short wheelbase. 

• Like 3

Toyota Yaris Cross 2022, I like the amount of space inside the car, the high driving position, the big windscreen makes the inside feel light&airy with excellent visibility all round, the big boot, nice and smooth to drive with "enough" power to make good progress, the excellent fuel economy as most of my journeys are in stop/start traffic, the weird styling like someone has got a photo of a rav4 and shrunk it, the uncluttered dash with all the controls at hand and easy to use, the 17" wheels with big profile tyres so they don't get kerbed easily and soften the ride.

I do find though that the car is susceptible to tyre noise on some road surfaces. Its tolerable but probably not as good as on a Corolla. 

Ps I have just remembered something I didn't like when I first bought the car. The seats don't give enough lateral support if you have the seat back upright. I found it much better if I tilted  the seat back and adjusted the height and steering wheel to get a comfortable driving position. 

• Like 2

I had the Corolla hybrid Saloon, but due to a broken hip I found the Corolla too low to enter/exit after I broke it. Plus bits, easier access, higher driving position and roof height. I bought the 2022 Design And happy with it. I'm over 6ft. but it's comfortable enough for me. I miss the Lumbar support but fitted one mesh on the seat and great a 2 1/2 hours trip twice today and no problems Economy good, 55mpg today this still Winter. Bought the end of October last year so expect more once everything warms up. 17inch wheels but road noise not bad till you are going uphill and put the foot down. I am looking at a bit of sound proofing in the boot at the moment. As it had a lack of a spare wheel, just the glue pump up set up. (I hate it) I purchased a new spare with jack etc. on line. (If you buy the 4wd model there isn't a wheel well.) Overall I am happy with the Cross but miss the fact that on the design the mirrors are manual fold. and lastly no parking sensors just a rear camera. Nothing I can't live with but hopefully gives you some ideas.

• Like 2

@Chas G 'the uncluttered dash with all the controls at hand'

Really?

Headlight beam adjuster, auto headlights selector,  steering wheel heater by your right knee.  The Corolla had the auto parking down there.

Hold, EPB, anti skid, and mode selector below the left hand behind the gear lever.  There is no  "feel" and it may be necessary to glance down.

Centre console has lots of conditioning switches.  Again no feel and best left to the passenger.

At least the seat heater switch has feel.

Then the steering wheel switches, lots but some feel unlike the Corolla where I often pressed tge wrong segment

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@Chas G 'the uncluttered dash with all the controls at hand'

Really?

Headlight beam adjuster, auto headlights selector,  steering wheel heater by your right knee.  The Corolla had the auto parking down there.

Hold, EPB, anti skid, and mode selector below the left hand behind the gear lever.  There is no  "feel" and it may be necessary to glance down.

Centre console has lots of conditioning switches.  Again no feel and best left to the passenger.

At least the seat heater switch has feel.

Then the steering wheel switches, lots but some feel unlike the Corolla where I often pressed tge wrong segment

Ha ha. I will stick with uncluttered then.

The only switches I use are the radio on button and automatic heating directly below it. All the other controls sit there unused and unwanted 🤪

Ps I do occasionally use the stalks on the steering column 

3 hours ago, Chas G said:

Ps I do occasionally use the stalks on the steering column 

Previous car a BMW I guess 😅

• Haha 1

My OH traded a 2018 Auris hybrid for a Yaris Cross in early 2022.
Her reasoning? She liked it's looks, it did what she wanted it to do, easier to get in and out. So far, she hasn't had any complaint about it (well, to me anyway).

I went from a 2019 Corolla Saloon hybrid to a Corolla Cross about 9 months ago.
My reasoning was simple. The saloon was becoming an issue to get in and out of. Getting old really sucks sometimes.
But I have found that the Corolla Cross is just the same as the saloon, except that it wears a different coat.

It's a shame you's over in the UK can't get the Corolla Cross.
If you think the Yaris Cross might be a tad small, and the RAV4 a bit big (remember the RAV4 started life at Yaris Cross size and then went mad on automotive steroids), then the Corolla Cross fits perfectly.

And personally, I don't think that the C-HR can hold a candle to the Corolla Cross.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links