Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ HIR2 9012 LED headlight bulb

abdulrashid337

Good evening all.

I Have just brought my baby Toyota IQ and I am looking for a set of LED light bulbs in the UK and recommended products? Any suggestions?
Regards

• Like 1

Most LED headlight bulbs aren't E-marked, so technically aren't legal in the UK. May cause issues with the MOT.

• Like 2

I have a basic set fitted like these : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166362316889

Official also not road legal but light pattern is fine and easy swap for original halogen bulbs.

• Like 2

Get the Philips Ultinon leds, they are streetlegal in some cars in Germany, so you know the quality is good. I use them, and our mot is ok with them

• Like 1

Hi Abdul,

@FROSTYBALLS is correct - the ones I've fitted may fail the MOT, but I'll check with the tester beforehand and put the originals back in, if I need to. The light colour is nice & white and the beam pattern is good - it doesn't dazzle, as far as I know.

These LED headlamp bulbs I bought in September, off Amazon, work very well for me...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B5R73BBD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I installed these in April 2023 and it made a noticeable difference, and working fine so far. My next MOT is in July so will see what happens. I conserve the original bulbs in the glovebox just in case.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005735227509.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.85.21ef194dtiMSpe

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Falomain said:

I installed these in April 2023 and it made a noticeable difference, and working fine so far. My next MOT is in July so will see what happens. I conserve the original bulbs in the glovebox just in case.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005735227509.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.85.21ef194dtiMSpe

Blimey! Those bulbs seem to be the same as mine, but much much cheaper (less then half the price). AliExpress beats Amazon yet again, if you don't want the item next day.

I agree with you about how satisfactory they are.

• Like 3

Many thanks folks 

very much appreciated 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Im getting abut confused.

"OSRAM Night Breaker Laser +150% HB4" - Seem to be recommended but apparently they don't work with high beam or physically fit and may actually be less bright than stock?

Or Philips X-tremeVision Pro150 HIR2 car headlight bulb +150%, single blister  these are twice the price at £50 for 2!

HB4 does not fit the IQ. You need HIR2 bulbs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 4:44 PM, ggzii said:

Im getting abut confused.

"OSRAM Night Breaker Laser +150% HB4" - Seem to be recommended but apparently they don't work with high beam or physically fit and may actually be less bright than stock?

Or Philips X-tremeVision Pro150 HIR2 car headlight bulb +150%, single blister  these are twice the price at £50 for 2!

HIR2 do both the high and low beam from the same bulb, it uses a shutter that opens and closes to block half of the beam at low beam.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links