Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Speaker upgrade? (3-button head unit)

CosmicNonsense

I have just upgraded my car by adding the Android Auto / Carplay head unit - the one with three buttons.

I fancy putting some Speakers in the back of my car (three door), for a more immersive experience.

Does anyone know if there are rear speaker connections on the head unit? (if so, do you know which pins?)

If not, and I need to add an amp, are there any clear instructions and recommendations, as I'm a bit of a newbie with this sort of thing (and my budget is limited)?

Thank you 🙂 

unitrear.jpg

It's such a small car, is it really worth the Speakers in the back ?

Why not go overboard on the front Speakers and put the best in, that you can afford.

Or get a really good bluetooth speaker for the back 🤔

• Like 1

KGB40 audio.pdf

upgrade the front ones first then add sound deadening to the doors, you don't drive from the back seat do you ?

rears in such a small car are not needed unless you want some rear fill, 6x9's in the parcel shelf belong back in the 1980-90's and are wrong on so many levels

Best budget boom for the buck I would suggest

Focal Auditor ASE-165

Pioneer GM-D1004 or Alpine KPT-445

If you want some rear-fill

Focal Auditor ACX-165S

2mm silentcoat mat will be fine for the doors

to simplify wiring use a SOT lead

Connects2 CT10TY01

• Like 2

Thank you.

Yes, I do want some fill to the rear- it may seem like overkill, but it's what I'm used to, and at the moment feels a bit like dead space behind me.

But I also have no intention of using up any more of that boot space with 6x9s. It's small enough as it is. 😄

I've got conjunctivitis at the moment, so will have a look at that diagram a bit more when my eyes are better. 

So, I've taken a look at that PDF (not easy for me to understand), and it seems that the front woofers and dashboard tweeters share the same two channels, and that's it.

Is this right?

If so, will splicing in one of the amps above (Pioneer GM-D1004 or Alpine KPT-445) be sufficient to power rear Speakers too?

you do not need an amp if you want to keep it simple, the radio does have 4 channels

Standard Toyota pinouts (ignore the colour codes) aka 10+6

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

I find the SOT leads most cost-effective just cut the plugs off what you need

Connects2 CT10TY01

I may have a 6 pin knocking around

I ordered a CT10TY01 a couple of days ago as I figured I'd need that anyway to keep things tidy. 

Thanks for the reply - that definitely simplifies things. 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links