Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak in boot

Afrokid

I have a leak in a 2017 Aygo boot I hope I can get advice on to help get fixed. Ingress is visible on both sides of boot trim about 1/2 way down but not sure where it is originating from. I've seen some talk about bungs and weather seal if anyone has come across this? 

IMG-20240225-WA0006.jpeg

Hi Damon, You can try spaying a hose over the boot and you should be able to see where the water is entering the boot. It may well be a boot seal or rear light seal.😄

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Damon, You can try spaying a hose over the boot and you should be able to see where the water is entering the boot. It may well be a boot seal or rear light seal.😄

Thanks we can see where the water is coming in but not the original point of entry. Hoping someone has experience of this and can help me find the solution before we change all the different seals. Thanks for help!

It's quite a common issue on the Aygo, both 1st and 2nd gen. There are a few threads on here about it. Hope some of the info will help.

Apologies but it had to be done...
image.thumb.png.430f2345ef266c661d96c0ad715cafae.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/25/2024 at 6:18 PM, Afrokid said:

Thanks we can see where the water is coming in but not the original point of entry. Hoping someone has experience of this and can help me find the solution before we change all the different seals. Thanks for help!

I have seen two points of water ingress on MK2 Aygo:

1. Centre stop lamp, water passes the lamp and fills the plenum the lamp sits in, then when you open the boot water passes through the harness grommet into the cabin and down into the boot, replace the centre stop lamp and dry out the plenum.

2. Rare one water can pass the tail lamp grommets and into the boot, official repair is new lamp harnesses, these can also be sealed with mastic  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links