Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Digital Cockpit upgrade

RAV4GRS

I have a 2023 model with the new 12.3" digital instrumentation. The latest Toyota models have the same one but they can mix and match style of dials whereas in my RAV4 (and any other Toyota model from that time) the style of dial is fixed for all 3 presets. I played with the new C-HR and you can have a different style in each preset... Does anyone know if the 2023 can be upgraded? I guess only someone from a dealer would know but mine had no clue... 

• Like 1

Hello, I don't know the new instrumentation,  but the present has physical needles with software generated detail.  A true glass display would have computer generated needles. 

Any upgrade therefore would probably have to be the hardware as well as the software.

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Hello, I don't know the new instrumentation,  but the present has physical needles with software generated detail.  A true glass display would have computer generated needles. 

Any upgrade therefore would probably have to be the hardware as well as the software.

The instrumentation is the same on all new Toyota models. Software is different between older models that got it first (RAV4, Corolla) or the new ones like C-HR, Land Cruiser.

19 minutes ago, RAV4GRS said:

The instrumentation is the same on all new Toyota models. Software is different between older models that got it first (RAV4, Corolla) or the new ones like C-HR, Land Cruiser.

Quite 

As you have probably already found, you can select from either of three different dashboard layouts (two dials, one dial or digital) but that would appear to be fixed across all three screens.  I haven't found any way to mix-and-match the layouts, so I stuck with the default two dial setup and just customised the information boxes.

7 hours ago, Centaur said:

As you have probably already found, you can select from either of three different dashboard layouts (two dials, one dial or digital) but that would appear to be fixed across all three screens.  I haven't found any way to mix-and-match the layouts, so I stuck with the default two dial setup and just customised the information boxes.

Yes but luckily on latest CHR, Yaris, Land Cruiser I have seen them mix and match. I am probably dreaming that they can retrofit the software to RAV4. I wonder if Rav4s built right now have it, as it would be strange for Toyota to run the same dashboard but with 2 softwares…

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links