Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Disc Pad wear sensors fitted?


solero
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does the auris mk2 have disc pad wear sensor wires fitted to front and rear?

I couldn't see any on my 2016 1.2t 8nr-fts the last time i checked. 

Can anyone confirm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I guess it would possibly depend on what pads were last fitted. I know at least my 2017 Auris 1.2t has just very recently started making the slight whistling/squeaking while driving that stops if I apply the brake, so I can only assume its the pad wear indicator. Can update once its sorted out 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, solero said:

Does the auris mk2 have disc pad wear sensor wires fitted to front and rear?

I couldn't see any on my 2016 1.2t 8nr-fts the last time i checked. 

Can anyone confirm?

No, no wires, only a wear clip when the pads wear out it touches the disc 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AurisOwner32 said:

I guess it would possibly depend on what pads were last fitted. I know at least my 2017 Auris 1.2t has just very recently started making the slight whistling/squeaking while driving that stops if I apply the brake, so I can only assume its the pad wear indicator. Can update once its sorted out 👍🏻

Sorry had misunderstood your post. You were asking about electrical sensors. My bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My question is does the car loom have wires leading up to the disc pad wear sensor connectors.

Eg will i get a brake wear warning light appear on the dash or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, solero said:

My question is does the car loom have wires leading up to the disc pad wear sensor connectors.

Eg will i get a brake wear warning light appear on the dash or not.

No

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, solero said:

Does the auris mk2 have disc pad wear sensor wires fitted to front and rear?

[...]

No, it hasn't any wear sensors (thankfully).

Not even offered as an option in mk2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, good to know Im not missing any broken off wire connections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toyota don't seem to go in for fitting brake pad wear warning lights, at least not on any of the relatively recent Toyotas I've owned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership