Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unidentified symbol on cladding

glsj

I have a Toyota Aygo X Pure. I noticed that there is a small indentation in the plastic cladding on the passenger side roughly mid way under the rear passenger door, in the shape of an inverted triangle. It is too uniform to be accidental damage, but  I can't see it's purpose. I thought maybe it indicated a jacking point, but it is only on the passenger's side. Does anyone know what it's for?

can you upload a photo of it?

Hi Geoffrey,

You're right, the indentation on the plastic it not accidental damage or a jacking point,

Other Aygo X Pure owners have reported this same but the purpose hasn't been posted. Some owners have speculated that it is 

A cosmetic design and It's possible that the indentation is a design feature, adding a subtle visual detail .

it might also be a drainage point for water or condensation, although there's no confirmation from Toyota.

There's also a chance it could be a location for a future sensor in higher trim models or different markets. Hope this helps😄

Maybe another member may have more of a definitive answer.😄

15 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Geoffrey,

You're right, the indentation on the plastic it not accidental damage or a jacking point,

Other Aygo X Pure owners have reported this same but the purpose hasn't been posted. Some owners have speculated that it is 

A cosmetic design and It's possible that the indentation is a design feature, adding a subtle visual detail .

it might also be a drainage point for water or condensation, although there's no confirmation from Toyota.

There's also a chance it could be a location for a future sensor in higher trim models or different markets. Hope this helps😄

Maybe another member may have more of a definitive answer.😄

Thanks Bob

• Like 1

It is the mark of the Illuminati or what way the car should be facing

Nah its the jacking points as per the manual page 329-330

kgb70jacktriangle.thumb.jpg.cece3f290211cdbac29ef3f2478516b5.jpg

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links