Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3L engine layout

Jessie1994

Hello, been off the forum for ages while rebuilding my seized 3L engine, 1994 Campervan.  It's been so long since we stripped the engine, and can't remember where the last few bits go!  Does anyone have images of the top of the engine, where, I think, should be a fuel break vacuum switch, with two vacuum pipes off the diesel pump on the other side of the engine, which cross over the rocker box.  Thanks, Steve

Thanks Bob.  Still can't see where the two rubber pipes belong(one from the vacuum diaphram above the fuel pump, and the other seems to go to the front of the vehicle).  Could these be for the aircon, which I've abandoned?  They run across the rocker box.

LH1136048723

image.png

image.png

image.png

Sorry about the duplicates!  This seems to be the item I need. Any thoughts about finding one?  Thanks again. 

Built  - 10/1993

Model - LH113V-RRPDS

I think it may have had an engine swap at some point with an earlier engine can you find the engine number on the block

LH1136048723. Thanks  found this on toyota.epc-data.com

image.thumb.jpeg.deda0c9524f93cc581b9064d90891918.jpeg

I’ve highlighted the VIN, above. Ta. The code on the website isn’t right - it seems to default to the Grandia / Regis for some reason. 

your car comes up as a Hiace/Regiusace

Your picture is of a LY101 etc., which is the truck version of the hiace 1995 onwards it also has a 2L engine

ah found the info, it's under heating, and a/c it was a dealer option to idle up for the A/C

https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=77&fig=8717

88031-25020 is the complete kit

i would start with checking the resistance, I assume you have done this and found it to be dead

Edit. magnet valve (aka soleniod) 88690-95J39

LH1136048723. Thanks  found this on toyota.epc-data.com

image.thumb.jpeg.deda0c9524f93cc581b9064d90891918.jpeg

I’ve highlighted the VIN, above. Ta. The code on the website isn’t right - it seems to default to the Grandia / Regis for some reason. 

Good stuff this, gin!  So does that mean that I can blank it off, since I’ve abandoned the air on?

OK, so the part that I have lost is described as follows:  

VALVE, IDLE UP. 88690-95J39. Toyota don’t make them anymore. Anyone know where I can find one, and since I’ve abandoned the air on, do I even need it?

all it does is activate an actuator, that idles up the engine (increases rpm when underload of the A/C) it's used in hotter climates like Asia

block off the vacuum feed and abandon it and/or remove the actuator

Many thanks Bob!  That’s solved a multitude of issues. Thanks to all. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links