Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remaining life of a well maintained 200,000 1.4 D4D engine ?

Marcusthehat

The daughters Yaris has just passed 194,000, and will now by doing a weekly  commute of 300 odd miles(like motorway speeds down the Motorway 150 miles there and the same back later in the week), plus local runs during the week, for the forseeable future.

I am curious re the likely longivity of this engine.

Cheers,

Marcus

P.S.

I drove the Yaris back up from Dublin on Sunday, and was reminded of just how light and nippy and nimble and pleasurable she is to drive, compared to the Rav4

• Like 1

Hi Marcus,

Given your daughter's Yaris has already reached 194,000 miles, it likely has some years left in it, especially if it's been well maintained. Regular oil changes, using the recommended oil type, and following the manufacturer's maintenance schedule are crucial for engine the engines longevity.

The additional mileage from the commute, especially at motorway speeds, will add wear and tear to the engine. However, many Yaris have handled similar commutes for years.

I would look out for any warning signs like unusual noises, vibrations, or check engine lights. This will help to prevent minor issues from turning into major ones.😄

• Like 3

Hi, 

for well maintained engine 200000 miles are not so extreme. I would say easily another 100k miles or even more. Just keep schedule services and you will be alright. If there are any additional periodic service like egr cleaning, dpf cleaning will be good to get these done too. 
Good luck 

• Like 2

Her husband who is an now independant, but fully Mercedes trained mechanic (though in conscience he also rates Toyotas, like he has just bought himself a 700,000 Km Hilux, one of several that he has bought damaged repairable, properly repaired, drives for the hunting season and then moves on after he is satisfied they are 100% mechanical) will be driving the Yaris, instead of the 40 year old G Wagen that he re-engined with an OM 606 and has been flogging there and back this while.  

So she, the Yaris, should be in with a chance, though the DFP was playing up and dumped diesel into the sump a couple of times a while back. The contaminated oil was drained and replaced on both occassions, this a fair while ago, so all appears to be O.K.

Cheers,

Marcus

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links