Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3 windows not working, driver's window is ok

mart rotherham

I checked the fuses in the only fuse box that I could find. This  was located under the bonnet. Using some small narrow plyers,  I carefully inspected all the fuses from 5 amp,10amp, 15amp and 20amp and all appeared ok.

There  are some  square shaped "possible" fuses ? that had 50amp on them, about 8mm cube shape. I did not know how to pull them out. They seemed to be  perspex coated. I did not want to damage them with the plyers so I stopped.

Not sure how to proceed.

? Window switch "child lock" enabled? 

do the windows work from their own doors ?

Edit. :withstupid: Press the lockout button on the driver's door

• Like 1

@flash22

Good idea, I will go check now. 

Just been and checked the individual windows from their respective switch, but no joy. 

Checked the child locks but they are off. 

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

do the windows work from their own doors ?

Edit. :withstupid: Press the lockout button on the driver's door

Checked that when I nipped out, driver's lock button works on drivers window whether on or off. Nothing happening on other 3 windows.

windows only use 2 fuses - 10a gauge, 30a Power both located in the internal fuse box also it is worth checking AM1 25a

According to the Haynes manual it should be  the   30A POWER    fuse to those three doors,  but also check for the other possible fuse   30A P/W    which should be feeding the drivers door only.

oops - did not see Flashes last post

• Like 1

30A power and P/W are the same fuse, 1 fuse feeds the 4 windows the only thing in common with 3 windows the op has not working is the lockout switch (not the door lock switch) that cuts the power to those 3 windows

pull the switch apart and clean it, they are prone to dirt and water ingress

newer cars 2010 and newer have the windows individually fused and the driver door switch is just a low current control

• Thanks 1

@flash22  ok, I will go out now and see if I can easily take the switch apart. Usually it is the "putting back together" of things that get me foxed.

• Haha 1

@flash22

You are two things, experienced and my hero! :angel_not: Thank you.

I removed the switch panel and the lock-off switch was sticking down as you predicted. I eventually managed to get it to spring back up and all the windows started to work.

I sprayed it first with electrical spray, and then lube. Then I brought it in the house (the switch not the car), but I could not undo all three of the tiny screws with my tiny screwdrivers- could not get any purchase on the very thin metal handles.20240309_172202.thumb.jpg.33b59b93cd20f6ca6bebad3dc97d5ca2.jpg20240309_172225.thumb.jpg.44520c5fadf023fc9db9bf815564a896.jpg

I have had to settle for a sticking button but with all windows  working for the time being. Hoping I don't accidently push the 'sticking button down.

• Like 2

Well you know the issue now, so it's half a fix leave it a day or so and it may free up 👍

I Know Nothing

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links