Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just ordered new Aygo X

Hicardo

Folks, just ordered a juniper blue Aygo X Exclusive CVT with Canvas Roof.  Excited.  3 months delivery.  What options would you add to the order?  I'm thinking rubber mats and boot mat for sure.  Any suggestions?  Cheers! 😃

• Like 3

The mats : maybe ask the dealer. The dealer delivered the mats to me in a pack together with other stuff (like the license plate etc) for a good price.

Was wondering whether a tow ball hitch fits the Aygo Cross, as I'd like to carry bikes?

This thread might help you

7 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Was wondering whether a tow ball hitch fits the Aygo Cross, as I'd like to carry bikes?

You can get a Roof Rack to carry bikes. I 'created' one out of a couple of Thule clamp sets, as they do not officially supply one for the Aygo X - i did this as i already had the Thule Roof Rack bars & cycle carrier. 

You can get sets which fit the Aygo X (i have not seen/tested these myself)

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=roofbar&query=8866

On 3/10/2024 at 9:46 PM, Hicardo said:

Folks, just ordered a juniper blue Aygo X Exclusive CVT with Canvas Roof.  Excited.  3 months delivery.  What options would you add to the order?  I'm thinking rubber mats and boot mat for sure.  Any suggestions?  Cheers! 😃

On mine the mats came with the car and a boot mat

Good point Dave, I'll check the detailed spec on Toyota site first

Checked - it does come with mats as standard, but not rubber ones, which are a cost extra

7 minutes ago, Hicardo said:

Checked - it does come with mats as standard, but not rubber ones, which are a cost extra

You can get a boot protector separately - which will protect the thin carpet floor.

For the inside, material mats are best as they absorb water/moisture and stop puddles forming in the footwell and don't get slippery like a rubber mat. They dry out with the heat of the car. Unless you're wading through Mud, you'll be ok with the material ones - they clean up easily if needed. 

• Like 1

Yes I prefer carpet mats, I've been in some muddy places and when the mud dries, its easier to get off when its dried.

There are Welly boot/rigger boot bags available for changing into Gucci driving shoes in extreme conditions.

In my site visiting days, I found a large carrier bag did the job no problem.

But it was easier with the fully opening rear door on the old pug grandad wagon to give me somewhere to sit while changing.

Mind you,it would have been quicker to walk from Nottingham back to Lincoln in the boots I think, that 1.9 D engine unturboed was a bit underpowered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hicardo said:

When I picked mine up the rubber mats were in the boot maybe they were a freebe from the dealership 

Mine came with rubber mats but they were part of the Protection+ option I paid for. Were also in the boot and had to fit them myself. Be surprised if they give them away for free unless you managed to negotiate them as part of the deal! My local dealers are very tight-fisted :laugh: 

The Toyota rubber mats are quite good - Have a decent lip which keeps water in the mat instead of it just running off the side, and they've been pretty hard wearing so far.

Never been a fan of fabric mats as I find they're a PITA to keep clean, esp. when bits of mud, plant material, sand etc. gets mixed up and trapped in the fibres, whereas I can just vacuum the rubber mats occasionally to keep them clean and don't need to worry about them retaining moisture and soaking down into the metal underneath.

Thanks for the info guys

Ah, so there is a bike rack out there, roof mounted.  Probably won't work as ive ordered the canvas option!  

mats wise - I live in the sticks, muddy AF round here in winter, so mats take a pounding.  Always had carpet mats and I wear them out.  Plus always grubby.  So wanted to try rubber mats as I thought they might be better to shake out, and generally look tidier?  Seems opinion is divided on this.  

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hicardo said:

Thanks for the info guys

Ah, so there is a bike rack out there, roof mounted.  Probably won't work as ive ordered the canvas option!  

Mats wise - I live in the sticks, muddy AF round here in winter, so mats take a pounding.  Always had carpet mats and I wear them out.  Plus always grubby.  So wanted to try rubber mats as I thought they might be better to shake out, and generally look tidier?  Seems opinion is divided on this.  

👍

I always use rubber floor mats, I bought original Toyota aygo x rubber mats from eBay, apart from being really thin they are great, look good and fit perfectly, which of course they should being official mats 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hicardo said:

Thanks for the info guys

Mats wise - I live in the sticks, muddy AF round here in winter, so mats take a pounding.  Always had carpet mats and I wear them out.  Plus always grubby.  So wanted to try rubber mats as I thought they might be better to shake out, and generally look tidier?  Seems opinion is divided on this.  

👍

The Roof Rack should still work i think. The clamps fit to the roll over bars/hoops installed in the outer edges which are above the door shuts. The canvas top only removes the centre section which is normally the thin sheet metal. 

• Like 1

Cheers!

Something to ponder on.  👍😀

Hopefully the new Aygo X will arrive before our May trip to Norfolk from Sussex.  Will be nice to do a road trip to get used to it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links