Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius mk3 - Childseats and bootsize

Toyobear

Hi Toyota fans. 

Im looking to buy an Prius mk3 2009-2016 (Or an Auris 2012 - 2017) One of the reasons is the 1.8 hybride engine that seems to have a very good fuel consumpsion. 
I live in the Netherlands and gas prices are through the roof... 

But im not sure about the size of both cars. I'm 1.88 meter(6.16 feet) and we now have one child. But the second one is comming. So behind my seat the oldest one needs to sit in a child seat. and behind my wife the youngest one goes in an Maxi Cosi (seat for babies) 

Does someone have experience with 2 child seats and the luggage space? We need a stroller and a buggy to fit in the boot and offcouse some bags with stuff mainly for the youngest. 

And what about the hollidays when going on vacation? How do people manage that? I saw it is forbidden to tow a trailer. Is an roof box an option? how do u guys manage this? 

Mabye the Auris hybride is a better option because is has a larger boot space? But than again i saw some pictures and it looks like the leg space for the passengers seems larger in the prius than the Auris. 

1 hour ago, Toyobear said:

Hi Toyota fans. 

Im looking to buy an Prius mk3 2009-2016 (Or an Auris 2012 - 2017) One of the reasons is the 1.8 hybride engine that seems to have a very good fuel consumpsion. 
I live in the Netherlands and gas prices are through the roof... 

But im not sure about the size of both cars. I'm 1.88 meter(6.16 feet) and we now have one child. But the second one is comming. So behind my seat the oldest one needs to sit in a child seat. and behind my wife the youngest one goes in an Maxi Cosi (seat for babies) 

Does someone have experience with 2 child seats and the luggage space? We need a stroller and a buggy to fit in the boot and offcouse some bags with stuff mainly for the youngest. 

And what about the hollidays when going on vacation? How do people manage that? I saw it is forbidden to tow a trailer. Is an roof box an option? how do u guys manage this? 

Mabye the Auris hybride is a better option because is has a larger boot space? But than again i saw some pictures and it looks like the leg space for the passengers seems larger in the prius than the Auris. 

From my experience with a mk2 (same boot size)

the maxi cosy pushchairs fold down nicely. Especially the ones where the babyseat clips on to the frame  

no problem with baby seats.  
Thule do a “foot kit” for that car. So fitting either square or aero bars is not an issue. 
i went for a wide rather than a long top box (Thule Weekender) which i am still using 15 years later as it was 450l capacity. 
the baby bag can go in the footwell. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links