Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross Icon Radio Display

ClaireN

Morning all

i just bought a new Cross icon, i can see a few things are different to the old one, but the one thing that is really annoying is the radio display

the old one had just the song and station information but this one has a picture of what can only be discribed as a signal thing liek a DAB signal

The question is is there anyway i can get rid of this and just have info lile i used to, seems odd to me!

any help appreciated, thank you

Claire

Hi Claire,your radio is displaying the DAB Digital Audio Broadcasting signal indicator. DAB gives clearer sound quality and more stations compared to FM radio.I don't know If your indicator can entirely be cleared , you can likely minimize or switch to FM radio altogether. 

Look through your radio user manual. Look for settings related to the radio display or DAB options. Some radios might allow you to adjust the information displayed, possibley minimizing the size of the DAB signal indicator.

If the user manual doesn't mention such settings, try looking through the radio menus . Look for the Display Settings or Radio Information, or DAB Settings. You might find a way to adjust from these.

Or you could also try switching to FM Radio

Most DAB radios also have a FM functionality. Look for a button on the radio or within the menus labeled FM Source,or something similar to this, Pressing this button might switch the radio to FM mode, eliminating the DAB signal indicator.

If you can't find a dedicated FM button, look for a Source or Band option in your menus. This should allow you to choose between FM and DAB.

You can contact Cross Icon customer support directly. They might be able to provide the instructions for your radio model.

You should be able to minimize the DAB signal indicator or switch to FM radio altogether,with a display similar to your old radio.Hope this helps :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links