Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid 2014 CVT oil change

Perfection

Has anyone replaced their oil?

Is it straight forward?

The car has covered 80k miles. Bought 4 litres of Toyota cvt oil and will get the mechanic to change it. Did not want Toyota to do it as I don't trust them that they will use the correct oil. They put truck gear oil in my old Yaris! Couldn't engage the gear!.

Hi, 

yes it’s super easy. You need a good breaker bar and hex to undo the plugs and ideally a new washers. You can reuse the old one though if it’s your first oil change. Torque to 40Nm when finished. Total quantity out will be like 3ltrs so measured first and then fill same amount. If you look at other post 200000 miles Auris service post you will find some more information. 
Good luck 

Thanks, will let the mechanic do it then as you described it as simple..

2 hours ago, Perfection said:

Bought 4 litres of Toyota cvt oil

Just a small point; the Auris hybrid uses Toyota WS ATF in the eCVT transmission.  If you literally have a CVT fluid then it is the wrong one.

Hi Greg, I bought the following:

Toyota Genuine ATF WS 1L Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Litre 08886-81210

• 4 weeks later...

Just completed the oil change. Drained out approx 3 litres of oil. And refilled with 3 litres. I think there was capacity left to fill more but wanted to have the same as manufacturers level.

The oils oil was still pinky and doesn't seems to be very dark or dirty for 100k miles. So it seems the right mileage to replace.

The only issues encountered was removing those plastic clips at the rear of the under tray. They are super tight fittings. Ended up breaking a few but was lucky to have some spares. So if people wants to do this oil change, remember to get some spare clips ready.

• Like 2

clean the underbody around the clips with plastic brush and spray It with silicon spray works well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links