Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

moving suv

roger_37

just ordered a Mazda CX-60
2.5 PHEV Homura 5dr Auto should have it middle of june,
will have to vacate the rav4 forum.

• Sad 1

Hi Martin,what made you change?😀

You don't have to vacate - if you feel you still have things to contribute, then fine.

Best wishes with the new car.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Martin,what made you change?😀

rav4 three year old time to change.

i want to try phev as rav only hybrid,

also more umph for towing ,masda 2

1/2ton towing, and a few other things

Edited by roger_37
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You don't have to vacate - if you feel you still have things to contribute, then fine.

Best wishes with the new car.

thanks frostyballs i,ll stay so 😀

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roger_37 said:

rav4 three year old time to change.

i want to try phev as rav only hybrid,

also more umph for towing ,masda 2

1/2ton towing, and a few other things

Martin sounds good, as frosty says stay you can still contribute but don't mention the war or Mazda😂

• Like 1

Slightly confused by your logic, the RAV comes in PHEV guise….. although I do get the higher tow weight limit benefit of the Mazda. Have to admit the interior of the CX60 leaves Toyota in the shade by a country mile. However reviews are less than positive about the ride and handling. Nevertheless enjoy! . 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Slightly confused by your logic, the RAV comes in PHEV guise….. although I do get the higher tow weight limit benefit of the Mazda. Have to admit the interior of the CX60 leaves Toyota in the shade by a country mile. However reviews are less than positive about the ride and handling. Nevertheless enjoy! . 

i think the 2024 model have sorted out a lot of the ride handling probs, updated under tray /shocks ect ...had a test drive so no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 9:29 PM, roger_37 said:

updated under tray /shocks ect ...had a test drive

Any subjective opinion on comparing the two cars, ie RAV4 HEV vs CX-60 PHEV, even if only a brief experience? I came from a Mazda (19 plate 6 tourer) - lovely outside and inside imo, comfortable seats++, ergonomically excellent, good tech/kit, and a imo very good trade off between price dynamics and ride comfort. So when reading about the CX-60 PHEV being based off/borrowing Toyota's engine +/- phev tech, I was quite excited. Even tho it hasn't exactly panned out that way mechanically, the reviews savaged the ride quality both in comfort and dynamics, so I'm curious as to whether this is actually true for the real world average person, or just motoring journalists. 

I always get the sense with motoring journalists that there's a strong bandwagon effect, example being literally all of them have a vendetta against "CVT" gearboxes, to such a blinding effect that to listen to them would make you assume the modern day Rav does has a bunch of elastic bands and dunce hats sellotaped together under the hood. 

Whatever you do please please get them to do do all the TSB's before you pick it up otherwise you'll be off to a bad start...

I had an absolute disaster of 6 months with one - if you need to know any more, just reply and I can go a bit further into detail.

I hear the 2024 builds are a little stronger though.Best of luck.

2 hours ago, jamiem1987 said:

Whatever you do please please get them to do do all the TSB's before you pick it up otherwise you'll be off to a bad start...

I had an absolute disaster of 6 months with one - if you need to know any more, just reply and I can go a bit further into detail.

I hear the 2024 builds are a little stronger though.Best of luck.

thanks  jamiem1987, will get them to do all the up  dates necessary before pick up in middle of june.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links