Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Insurance getting too expensive every year

Scout117

Last year my car insurance was £950 got a renewal quote for £1720 😮 

That is just crazy the amount the car insurance is going up every year

I manage to get it from another provider for £1120 but the prices are going crazy.

Few years back It always used to go down for me and with the same insurance company where I never needed to change but now every year its up up up

This all with 6 Years NCD

• Like 2

We've all been finding that sadly; Literally doubling from one year to the next. All you can do is keep searching for a more reasonable quote...

• Like 1

Topic moved to Insurance Discussions.

My AA renewal came in at £480 up from £330 the year before without anything changing. They offered a discount (with little argument) taking it down to £370 but then I got a quote from Aviva for £302.

So, yes, some prices have gone up but if you shop around it's still possible to get a reduction. It does make you wonder though how there can be such a disparity and why you should have to shop around in the first place.

• Like 2

Can only agree with the other comments, insurance is going up every year and this is due to a number of factors. The cost of repairs for one has become more expensive with newer cars and vehicle parts so insurance companies are reflecting this in higher premiums to reflect this.:angry:

• Like 2

Hi.

If anyone needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a big reason for our insurance costs rising so,    "While premiums for people aged 50 and above jumped by 273pc over the period, those for under-25s rose by just 134pc, Consumer Intelligence says."

This is when inflation over the last decade is around the 35% mark so the insurance companies are really having our pants down along with all the other Gobalistic Conglomerate's😒 Happy Days

Just had my renewal quote from LV, £564.  Was £382 last year. 

I think I will get some quotes from a price comparison site.

The truth is that we are all being ripped off, year on year.  We know it and the insurance companies know it.  What annoys me is that the motoring press and other motoring organisations also know it, but why are they not publicly challenging the insurance companies - both to embarrass them and to bad press them into changing their ways?  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links