Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Roof Bars

MW0ELC

Morning all,

Just wondered if anyone has bought roof bars / rails ( always confuses me...) as retro fit for their Rav and did you go factory bars or the fleabay offerings ?   There is a big price difference and some of the fleabay reviews are not exactly glowing, but as a confirmed cheapskate, the price certainly looks attractive....

Anyone care to chip in.

TIA.

Les

When I bought my mk3 RAV4 back in 2016 I got roof rails and bars from eBay and they were spot on. Complete OEM look and decent quality. Been all over Europe few times with the roof box fitted and no issues. 

ywDko-2cwiyc7n6fpi5hxcaz2inmrh.jpg

6307N-7v3sxihrmgzjddev7c4lepxw.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback.  I am purchasing the rails for one specific journey, so I think I will go the cheapskate route !   Can you tell me if the rails were branded at all and what was the brand?

TIA

Les

16 minutes ago, MW0ELC said:

Thanks for your feedback.  I am purchasing the rails for one specific journey, so I think I will go the cheapskate route !   Can you tell me if the rails were branded at all and what was the brand?

kosta's picture is of a 4.3; I'm guessing that your 2013 is a 4.4? (So different model and different accessories required.)

• Like 1

Neither rails or croosbars were branded and there were no labels on the boxes at all. Fitting instructions were included but no brand was mentioned as well. 

@philip42h is right your car is a next generation and rails/bars are different, I only attached photos for illustrative purposes.

You can buy crossbars which go directly on the roof (no rails required), I tried those first as I didn't carry roof box all the time but didn't like the look. If you only buying them for one journey it might be a solution as they're significantly cheaper. 

IMG_20170409_163437.jpg

IMG_20170409_163422.jpg

IMG_20170409_163359.jpg

IMG_20170409_163350.jpg

• Like 1

... and it's 'worse' than that! 😉

If Les RAV is an Invincible, it will have roof rails fitted already and he would simply need bars that fit. If it's an Active or Icon he'll need bars suitable for cars without roof rails (or fit roof rails as well, of course).

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback.  Yes, I'm aware of the difference in the models, mine is the 4.4 Icon.  The firm on eBay I am looking at is Predator branded and there are also some unbranded rails too but with similar pictures, along with the (expensive !) offering from a Toyota dealer.  I bought a second hand box with bars already fitted, so I would just require the rails.

Thanks again.

Les

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links