Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Engine Coolant? 2005 Corolla 1.4D D4D

arousa

Hello All,

I have a Corolla that has been stored for 8 years. Will be putting it back on the road and will be doing maintenance on it. I can't find any info on what coolant to use or specs besides the OEM Toyota long life coolant, at a crazy price. Anyone know of a valid alternative? As well, plan on doing a system flush as the coolant has been sitting way too long. Any coolant system flush brand you recommend? I was living in the US so not all brands are similar to EU.

Thanks!

Hi,

For our UK 100k miles service we used Commas G30 which is a much better price.

If you see this link it details its specifications, think the key factor is that its an OAT type.

https://www.commaoil.com/passenger-vehicles/products/view/351

What cc is yours and is it US spec ?

Not sure if there is one on your Diesel but on our Petrol there is a block drain tap just under the exhaust manifold to help drain it all out.  However be very careful as it might be siezed and you do not want to shear it off the block !

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

For our UK 100k miles service we used Commas G30 which is a much better price.

If you see this link it details its specifications, think the key factor is that its an OAT type.

https://www.commaoil.com/passenger-vehicles/products/view/351

What cc is yours and is it US spec ?

Not sure if there is one on your Diesel but on our Petrol there is a block drain tap just under the exhaust manifold to help drain it all out.  However be very careful as it might be siezed and you do not want to shear it off the block !

My Corolla is actually European. Made in UK for European market. It is a 2005 E120 sedan with an 1.4D D4D 1ND-TV Engine.

It is better to find ready to use long life OAT pink colour coolant.

• Like 1

For these year and age it might be the red ready mixed coolant, best to consult owners manual and buy original Toyota ready mixed coolant. The price is high indeed but it is worth it., saves you on premature failure of major components like water pump, thermostat, heating cores, radiators etc. 

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

For these year and age it might be the red ready mixed coolant, best to consult owners manual and buy original Toyota ready mixed coolant. The price is high indeed but it is worth it., saves you on premature failure of major components like water pump, thermostat, heating cores, radiators etc. 

1. In 2002, Super Long Life Coolant was released to replace the Toyota red coolant product.  This 2nd gen anti-freeze has a pink color, correct me if I am wrong.

2. I wondering if you know where is Toyota Chemical Factory that how produce engines oil, transmissions oil, all kinds of grease, coolant, wind screen fluid, brake fluid etc.

• Like 1

Think the Corolla transitioned to Super Long Life (pink) coolant in 2004.

After the first replenishment (10 years/100K miles), according to Toyota, the pink coolant should be changed every 5 years or 50K miles, whichever occurs first

The Long Life (red) has a shorter life with change intervals of 2 years or 30K miles, whichever occurs first.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links