Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adaptive Front-lighting System & Eco Driving Indicator Light

cvrkut

Hello,

I recently purchased a used 2016 Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Executive.

I noticed a strange problem, I can't find anywhere to turn on/off the Adaptive Front-lighting System and the Eco Driving Indicator Light.

I find this strange because this was working correctly the previous days.

Does anyone have experience with this?

avensis.jpg

Hi,Miroslav,from the information on adaptive front lighting system and eco driving indicator light on your 2016 Avensis it shouldn't typically require manual on/off controls. They are designed to operate automatically. However check your owners manual to confirm this.

Adaptive Front lighting System,AFS works in conjunction with HID xenon headlights if your Avensis has them. It uses steering wheel angle and vehicle speed to predict which areas need illumination.

The headlights automatically adjust to improve visibility during cornering and on uneven roads. AFS might not be as noticeable on straighter roads or when the car is stationary.

Eco Driving Indicator Light,this light provides feedback on your driving style's fuel efficiency.

It typically illuminates in stages green for good, amber for improvement, red for inefficient.

You shouldn't need to turn it on or off it should respond to your acceleration, gear changes, and overall driving behaviour.

Sometimes electronic systems can experience minor glitches. Try turning the car off and on completely to see if it resets. A blown fuse could be interrupting power to one or both systems. Check your owner's manual for the fuse locations. There might be a sensor or component failure within the AFS or Eco Driving Indicator system.If a simple restart doesn't resolve the issue,check the fuse box for blown fuses.

If you suspect a malfunction and you have checked the above I would ask your garage to take a look.

I hope this information helps.:smile:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, Bob.  

According to the instructions, my Avensis should have the option to turn the AFS and Eco Driving Indicator Light on or off.  I also remember that the AFS symbol was visible on the screen below the LDA and clock setting symbols before it disappeared.  It is also strange that previously Clock symbol was inaccessible while driving.  Now I can also set the clock while driving.

Eco Driving Indicator Light is not activated because I never see the symbol no matter how much I accelerate.

I have recently upgraded the maps and I am wondering if this could be the reason for the problems.

• Like 1

Hi Miroslav,It's possible the recent map upgrade might have affected your Avensis's settings related to the AFS and Eco Driving Indicator Light.

Software updates can Affect Settings,car manufacturers sometimes include changes to car systems within software updates. These changes might unintentionally disable or alter existing features.

Check Your Manual,First look in your Avensis owner's manual to see if there's a specific section on enabling/disabling the AFS and Eco Driving Indicator Light. The manual should also have instructions on how to set the clock while driving if that functionality has indeed changed.

The fact that the clock can now be set while driving might be an intentional change introduced in the map update. However, confirming this with Toyota support is best.

The Eco light might not be activating simply because your driving style might already be considered eco-friendly. You should be able to determine if the map update affected your Avensis's settings and hopefully get the AFS and Eco light options back if that's the case.

Hope this helps.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links