Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2015 - change vehicle to UK spec

Tony _E

Hi,

I am importing a 2015 Aygo from the EU over to the UK and re registering it. To get it to pass an MOT in the UK I assume I need to physically change out the front lights. Would I need to buy new back lights too as the fog light is in the wrong position or can I just swap the wires around? As I only have a KM speed gauge and odometer could I change over to one showing MPH? I haven’t found a way of changing the digital reading within the vehicle. 

thanks for the help!!

IMHO it's not worth importing a LHD Aygo the paperwork is a hassle especially if it's not an EU car with its CoC as it is under 10 years old it will need an IVA- there are loads of Aygos about for sale

• Like 4

I think the speed in mph should be programmable from Toyota. But I would also wonder if this is something you really want.

IMHO If it's your own car you used in EU and will import to UK now, I would think you're better off selling it. What you lose on it would probably be less than what you need to invest to import it and in the end you still have a car with the steering on the wrong side. Which would later become almost unsellable.

• Like 4

And insuring it will be a pain in the proverbial, plus you won't get any dealer support for parts or servicing if you wanted to, and you'll have all the minor annoyances that come with having a LHD car like ticket barriers will be on the wrong side, drive-through kiosks will be on the wrong side etc.

It's not worth the hassle when they are so common on the 2nd hand market here...

• Like 4

If I bought a new MPH speedometer cluster would I have to just take the old one out and replace it? Would it still show the original odometer and the speed gauge work as normal?

Thanks!

you will need to get the mileage corrected, there are a lot of other factors to take into account too

Curious as to why you’re bothering importing it? Sell it and buy one here in the uk 🤷🏼‍♂️

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links