Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What is included in the Major Service at 2nd year ?

Scout117

My car is due a major 2nd year service in a day.  Can someone please confirm what's done as part of the service. Its a Corolla 2022 Hatchback 2.0 

I'm Just asking as I was asked if I needed the brake fluid changed as an extra price to service. I thought this was already included in the 2nd year service.

I have got a service plan for 3 years.

I found the following on the Toyota website if you go to book a service from there, is all this included it does mention replace brake fluid as part of service ?

We recommend that Toyota owners carry out a 20,000 miles/2 Years full service as per schedule. Scheduling regular service appointments as per your vehicles service schedule helps maintain the health and longevity of your vehicle whilst helping prevent maintenance issues down the road.

Carry out 20K/24 month full service as per schedule.
Includes:- Replace engine oil & oil filter.
Replace windscreen washer fluid.
Check all fluid levels & top up as required.
Inspect Battery for leaks, security of clamps & terminals.
Inspect cooling system, hoses & connections.
Inspect radiator & condenser for debris & signs of damage.
Inspect engine coolant.
Inspect inverter coolant.
Inspect air filter element.
Replace HV Battery cooling intake filter.
Inspect spark plugs.
Clean air flow meter.
Replace brake fluid.
Inspect brake pads & discs.
Check brake pipes & hoses.
Inspect fuel cap, fuel lines & connections.
Inspect steering wheel, gear & linkages.
Inspect drive shafts including CV boots.
Inspect ball joints & dust covers.
Inspect wheel alignment.
Inspect wheel bearings.
Inspect front & rear suspension.
Inspect for under vehicle and underhood fluid leaks.
Check exhaust system for security & leaks.
Inspect tyre condition & inflation pressures.
Check wheel rims for damage & tighten wheel nuts to correct torque.
Check operation of hand brake.
Check brake pedal travel.
Check operation of lights, horns, wipers & washers.
Check function of all warning lights.
Inspect glass and light lenses.
Replace pollen filter.
Check seat belts for damage & operation.
Check installation of driver's floor mat.
Check operation of alarm system.
Replace remote control Battery.
Carry out hybrid health check.
Carry out wash & vacuum.
Carry out visual safety report.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That additional services page doesn't seem linked to the car. I think everyone gets offered the same things. I had mine serviced and MoTd two weeks ago and it offered me the hybrid health check as an extra. Out of curiosity I checked it to see what would happen.

When I arrived my dealer went through the things to do and they only mentioned the service and the MoT.

It would appear that at some point the system had worked out that the HHC was part of the service anyway. I have a service plan and the only thing I had to pay for was the MoT.

• Like 1

As I remember, the brake fluid change was included in main service (every 2 years) for my car, never paid extra, and of cause plus free hybrid health check. 

• Like 2

If you're going to ask the dealer to replace brake fluid, they might well tell you it's tested and doesn't need replacing or tell you they've replaced it but done nothing. The only way to know it's done right is to do it yourself, there's a full blown method using techstream which bleeds out the whole system. There's the non techstream method which is more like a conventional car. If you intend to trust the dealer with it, I'd mark the brake nipples beforehand and check afterwards whether they've been opened or not 

• Like 2

Just confirming that Brake Fluid change was included in the 2nd year service.

They did ask me if I wanted to do an aircon service for £80 but I didn't do that, car is only 2 years old and from what I gather it can be done in year 3-4, correct me if im wrong please.

Thanks

• Like 1

If it was £80 for an actual aircon service, that’s a great price. Many places charge double that. 

some just do an aircon clean, rather than topping up the gas and cleaning as well. 

I do mine every 2 years. 

• Like 1

Anyone know what work is carried out on an Aircon service presuming it seems to be working ok ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Anyone know what work is carried out on an Aircon service presuming it seems to be working ok ?

It is drain the system of its content (gas and oil), vacuum tested for leaks and if no issues detected then new gas and oil are filled up. All that happens with a specific equipment and the mechanic only connects two hoses to the car and turns ON the machine. 
Depending on climate and use 2-4 years it’s recommended intervals. I personally do 4 years in UK.  The idea here is to maintain top levels of the gas and oil for the systems to operate correctly. Some people never do this and had no problems, I like to do as per the manufacturer recommended intervals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new R1234YF Gas is very expensive, which is why some people charge much more. It is currently about £350 for 5KG, that's before you make anything on it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, sportse said:

If it was £80 for an actual aircon service, that’s a great price. Many places charge double that. 

some just do an aircon clean, rather than topping up the gas and cleaning as well. 

I do mine every 2 years. 

It was a full air con service with them changing gas etc. Thinking now maybe should have got it done 😞

The main problem with R1234YF is Honeywell have a monopoly on it so they can charge what they like.

Smeg only knows why car manufacturers picked that as the alternative to R134 - It's worse in almost every way; Performs worse, is more flammable and is much more expensive. The only advantage it has is it has a lower global warming rating.

IMHO they should have gone with CO2 - It has an even lower global warming rating than 1234, isn't flammable, doesn't degrade into toxic chemicals, and is much cheaper! The only downside is the systems need to be engineered better as it needs to run at a much higher pressure, but I'd rather pay a couple hundred more for such a system than a hundred more every time I have to regas the system!

I'm not sure what the best thing to do is, but in my previous cars I'd only regas them when I noticed a drop in AC performance. In my Mk1's, I literally regassed them once and never regassed them again while I owned them. My Mk2 had a faulty AC system and I was regassing it every few months before I got rid of it. I'm expecting my Mk4 to have a a much more robust system are am not expecting to have to regas it any time soon (3 years and counting now!) but one downside of the climate control system is it's very difficult to tell if the system performance is degrading...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links