Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris design 2024 photos here !

Countryside

Thanks everyone. Did chat with Esure - 3 times as they kept cutting me off. They are still saying my car registration brings up 114 bhp and I asked if I am covered even though I have told them 116bhp and they said yes I am covered.  I have taken a copy of the chat. Was asking if they would email me confirmation but they ended the chat. Next year will change insurers. 

• Like 1

Don't get too hung up on the HP - As long as it matches the year and trim spec you're okay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Don't get too hung up on the HP - As long as it matches the year and trim spec you're okay.

It doesn’t mention year. Just. Toyota Yaris Design HSD 114.0 bhp 1490 and my registration number. 

Well the year will be part of the registration plate so you're sorted!

• Like 2

Unusually I have been insured with Esure for about 4 years with house and contents, I usually change insurance company if they don't come up with the goods, they have been good for me 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Unusually I have been insured with Esure for about 4 years with house and contents, I usually change insurance company if they don't come up with the goods, they have been good for me 

We have been with Esure for a number of years and haven’t had any problems and the quotes have been good. It’s when you have to speak with someone about a problem that it hasn’t been good. Some of them I had difficulty understanding. Also I did online chat last night and twice they just left the chat without asking if I was finished or still there and hadn’t answered the query. All sorted now hopefully so I can get on and enjoy the car. 
It’s great to be able to ask for help on a forum like this. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Parts-King said:

They were the longest-running insurer I was with on my Mk1's; I don't know if they still have it, but when I was with them they'd give additional discount the longer you were with them, at least that's what they claimed!

One year they jacked it up ludicrously for no apparent reason (Ironically the year I hadn't been in any accidents - Over the previous three years had one that wasn't my fault and one that was!), so it was so long and thanks for all the fish and back on the hunt!

• Like 3

On 4/24/2024 at 7:33 PM, Sharnie70 said:

Thanks everyone. Did chat with Esure - 3 times as they kept cutting me off. They are still saying my car registration brings up 114 bhp and I asked if I am covered even though I have told them 116bhp and they said yes I am covered.  I have taken a copy of the chat. Was asking if they would email me confirmation but they ended the chat. Next year will change insurers. 

I have been looking at the spec for the updated Yaris.  For engine power it states 114bhp, 116hp DIN.  So there are different scales for measuring the same thing.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Trewithy said:

I have been looking at the spec for the updated Yaris.  For engine power it states 114bhp, 116hp DIN.  So there are different scales for measuring the same thing.

Yes you're right,  1 hp = 1.01387 bhp.  The Din ...is with engine fitted in car, as opposed to a bench test. Therefore 114 hp = 115.58 bhp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

Yes you're right,  1 hp = 1.01387 bhp.  The Din ...is with engine fitted in car, as opposed to a bench test.

Or in simple terms from the petrolheads guide to cars.

Power at the Crank vs Power at the Axle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

woop, woop! Picking mine up next Friday😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coreye9090 said:

woop, woop! Picking mine up next Friday😁

I picked mine up just over a week ago. Yaris design with safety pack. Love it so far. Still getting used to it and finding out how things work. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy! :biggrin: 

Make sure you take it for a good drive.... just to familiarize yourself with the car and totally not as an excuse just to hoon it around... :whistling1: :naughty: 

I still love driving mine :biggrin: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a day!
Picked up my new Yaris, I'm absolutely loving it!!! Took it for a good drive, 3 hours and 20 mins.😅
Forgot to take any photos other than a few in the showroom when I picked it up. Here's a few.
I found the beeps not even that noticeable tbh! Not sure if this has something to do with the speed sensitive volume settings? (see 3rd photo)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.png

PXL_20240510_202803915.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, coreye9090 said:

What a day!
Picked up my new Yaris, I'm absolutely loving it!!! Took it for a good drive, 3 hours and 20 mins.😅
Forgot to take any photos other than a few in the showroom when I picked it up. Here's a few.
I found the beeps not even that noticeable tbh! Not sure if this has something to do with the speed sensitive volume settings? (see 3rd photo)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.png

PXL_20240510_202803915.jpg

Where the heck did you go for 3.3hrs?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, anchorman said:

Where the heck did you go for 3.3hrs?

Just visiting family, and terrible traffic on the motorway😂

• Like 3

Apologies in advance! Maybe I'm stupid, but I've got a question.
Not sure if anyone can confirm this.
So, how does my car accurately detect the speed limit on a few roads where there's no visible signage at all? (when I did a test drive last year, this was not the case, the car thought the speed limit was the last seen sign) 

Just to confirm I don't have satnav or use android auto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coreye9090 said:

Apologies in advance! Maybe I'm stupid, but I've got a question.
Not sure if anyone can confirm this.
So, how does my car accurately detect the speed limit on a few roads where there's no visible signage at all? (when I did a test drive last year, this was not the case, the car thought the speed limit was the last seen sign) 

Just to confirm I don't have satnav or use android auto.

It works in conjunction with stored data on the navigation system.  

On 5/11/2024 at 9:45 AM, coreye9090 said:

Just visiting family, and terrible traffic on the motorway😂

A good chance to recharge the 12V battery 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RickyC said:

A good chance to recharge the 12V battery 😉

Yeah I don't mind that, it's great! Coming from an EV all my range anxiety gone away!😂 (my aircon was draining the Battery quite a bit in heavy traffic!)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coreye9090 said:

Yeah I don't mind that, it's great! Coming from an EV all my range anxiety gone away!😂 (my aircon was draining the battery quite a bit in heavy traffic!)

Your ac won’t drain the Battery quicker than it is recharged on a Toyota hybrid.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Your ac won’t drain the battery quicker than it is recharged on a Toyota hybrid.   

Yeah I love it already, compared to the EV!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, coreye9090 said:

Yeah I love it already, compared to the EV!

I quite like the idea of an EV but range anxiety kills it for me.  I take beta blockers that make me cold most of the year and with my heater and seat/steering wheel settings as I like them, I’d be watching my juice disappear down the plug hole at a hundred miles an hour.  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I quite like the idea of an EV but range anxiety kills it for me.  I take beta blockers that make me cold most of the year and with my heater and seat/steering wheel settings as I like them, I’d be watching my juice disappear down the plug hole at a hundred miles an hour.  

Exactly, not even talking about if you go over 60 mph! Mine was a Seat Mii, range was 160 miles in summer, with no aircon on😂 Winter? Lucky if I managed to get 110 miles🤣

• Like 3

On 4/24/2024 at 5:24 PM, Bob66 said:

I wonder if some of the problem lies within the difference in HP to BHP ;   

114 HP is equal to 115.58 BHP .

I thought hp was the power generated and bhp was the power at the wheels.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links