Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris v Yaris Cross insurance

NeverConsideredToyota

Looking at insurance groups 

Appears Yaris Cross is 12 v Yaris 14

Why would that be?

Does the real insurance cost bear that?

Any personal experience? 

Insurance groups are advisory and insurance companies can vary which models go into each of their groups. 

Topic moved to Insurance Discussions.

In my experience the insurance group makes smeg-all difference. The biggest difference is your post code followed by the repair costs for the car.

When my brother passed his test, one thing we did was hunt for insurance for different cars - Amusingly, we found my Mk1 D4D was the same to insure for him as a 1.8L Celica! IIRC the Yaris was group 4E and the Celica 15E - With such a big difference you'd think there'd be a noticeable difference in insurance cost, but from what I remember they were both just over a grand, with the D4D being more expensive by about £50-60! :laugh: 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, NeverConsideredToyota said:

Looking at insurance groups 

Appears Yaris Cross is 12 v Yaris 14

Why would that be?

Does the real insurance cost bear that?

Any personal experience? 

As per other replies.

Whenever looking to change a cars, one of the things I do is get an insurance quote so there's no nasty surprise if I chose a particular model over another. I can assure you that using the exact same criteria, there have been occasions I've received substntially cheaper quotes for cars in higher insurance groups. Even cars within the same group will give different insurance quotes.

Insurance groups is something I've never understood. Look at this

yarisxinsgrp.thumb.JPG.b3cc21b107757b6abe21c7411d2e5bde.JPG

I've just picked this old version of Toyota. Are they really saying a 2wd Premier Edition (13 )is more to insure than a 4wd version (12) ?  Will a 2wd Design cost the same to insure as a 2wd Excel or 2wd Premier?

If you drove both a Design and an Excel in to a brick wall at 30mph, the Excel will obviously cost more to repair.

• Like 1

Further to that, all of the normal Yarises are in group 14 while the Yaris Premiere Edition is in group 15!!!

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! The Yaris Crosses cost less to insure than normal Yarises! :blowup:

• Haha 1

Yeah it is a bit nonsensical. Fortunately those numbers make practically no difference to the insurance cost of the car so not even worth dwelling on!

Hi. 

If you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links